Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently picked up two pocket bikes/super bikes and they both do not start. Anybody have suggestions? the x6 is the model gs31b so i believe that it is a 4 stroke and im not positive on the x7. both bikes have sat for awhile and i've heard people say "its the carburetor" but I'm not positive on how to take it apart and put it back together. any help would be appreciated. thanks

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
On eBay/motorcycle/auctions, then a search, 49cc pocket bikes and 110cc pocketbikes, you can get a 15mm 2 stroke carb for $13 and a 4 stroke carb for $25, a lot of times shipped free.
The model don't matter much there are hunderds of China bikes with the same parts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On eBay/motorcycle/auctions, then a search, 49cc pocket bikes and 110cc pocketbikes, you can get a 15mm 2 stroke carb for $13 and a 4 stroke carb for $25, a lot of times shipped free.
The model don't matter much there are hunderds of China bikes with the same parts.
Well I was hoping I could clean this one out or try something else to get them running

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
If the X6 has a 4 stroke it would have a black cylinder. At the base of the cyld should be some numbers & letters, CCM 107 would be a 110cc 4 stroke. It should have a piston carb 16 to 19mm, the 2 stroke should have a 15mm pumper walbro type carb w/ a primer bulb on the bottom. Both can be taken apart clean and reassembled. The 4 stroke has a float bowl you take off, unscrew the two brass jets, a polit and main and clean them and the carb body. When the .020" hole pilot jet gets clogged the bike won't run. The pumper carb has a lot of tiny parts and a rebuild kit is $8 to $12. If the rubber piece that pumps gas is no good the pumper carb won't work right.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I just recently picked up two pocket bikes/super bikes and they both do not start. Anybody have suggestions? the x6 is the model gs31b so i believe that it is a 4 stroke and im not positive on the x7. both bikes have sat for awhile and i've heard people say "its the carburetor" but I'm not positive on how to take it apart and put it back together. any help would be appreciated. thanks
1. Take pics of the bikes and engines.

2. Start a free photobucket account.

3. Post pics to photobucket

4. Paste IMG code in your post to display pics...You can post up to 4 pics per post.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the X6 has a 4 stroke it would have a black cylinder. At the base of the cyld should be some numbers & letters, CCM 107 would be a 110cc 4 stroke. It should have a piston carb 16 to 19mm, the 2 stroke should have a 15mm pumper walbro type carb w/ a primer bulb on the bottom. Both can be taken apart clean and reassembled. The 4 stroke has a float bowl you take off, unscrew the two brass jets, a polit and main and clean them and the carb body. When the .020" hole pilot jet gets clogged the bike won't run. The pumper carb has a lot of tiny parts and a rebuild kit is $8 to $12. If the rubber piece that pumps gas is no good the pumper carb won't work right.
Okay the x6 is a four stroke and the x7 is a 2 stroke. Now I've also heard that the seals are often broken on carberators and that its best to just buy a new one. What would be the best option? Thanks

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You need to know the size of the 4 stroke for parts, the carb on them is easy to clean, have to unscrew the top, take the piston out & take the bowl off the bottom and the brass jets out, keep the rubber parts out of the cleaner. The 2 stroke I would by a new carb, keep the other for parts that break on your new one. Get a V-stack w/ choke plate and a 44mm ID hp air cleaner, I prefer oil sprayed foam ones.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need to know the size of the 4 stroke for parts, the carb on them is easy to clean, have to unscrew the top, take the piston out & take the bowl off the bottom and the brass jets out, keep the rubber parts out of the cleaner. The 2 stroke I would by a new carb, keep the other for parts that break on your new one. Get a V-stack w/ choke plate and a 44mm ID hp air cleaner, I prefer oil sprayed foam ones.
Alright thanks. I just took the whole frame off and went to clean out the gas tank and realized it just came right out (not screwed in) and at the bottom was a broken fuel filter. So I just ordered one of those and when that comes in ill get working on the carb.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
That line might be your problem, hook it up when it comes and see if it runs, then mess with the carb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts