Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site and new owner of a pocket bike. The bike was in bad shape when I bough it. But any way last night I tore all the wires out and need to know which wires I need just to make it run. It's a 110 cc that's about all I know. Someone HELP

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
post pics of your bike so we can identify it and provide you with the proper wiring diagram. if the bike is in bad shape there might be alot more to be done than just sorting out the wiring harness. Post some pictures, the more we see the more we can help you out with.

Cheers.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I have a strip down wiring photo. CAM2 has alot of minimum wiring Dia.
You can make it real simple. If the stator is making voltage it will run on just a basic setup. On-Off toggle and or starter button if needed. If you are going to kick start it, you can use start button as a kill switch.
The last one is full wiring on an X18 110cc 4 speed manual trans.
Welcome to the Nightmare,lol.

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That's your ignition, have to have that to fire the engine, it is a small black box w/ a 5 prong plug, that's like your car distributor points.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. Got it all done except for the kill switch. There is 2 wires coming off it and they are not the same as in the diagram and the wire on the cid is a different color too. I'm are it don't matter just want to make sure. And all the green wires in the diagram are they just dead wires now? Thanks for all the help

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
All the green wires go to ground, there may be exceptions but got to have good Grd on everything or voltage can't get back to the battery and back out. Not sure what bike you have. I think one of the starter button wires comes from the default button, where you have to pull the clutch or front brake to make a connection to the starter motor to turn. You can disable them buy tying the 2 wire together so it works all the time.With stripped down wiring, one wire from you coil goes thru the starter switch and the other wire to ground. When you push that button it will ground the coil and the engine will stop.
If you have a 4 speed manual trans you can use the starter button for the kill switch and a toggle switch for on & off on the electrical system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.