Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I was inspired on my build by Mk2Mike here on this forum. thanks by the way.

My question is what motor would have double the power i have, and would fit in my frame, some mods are ok, i can weld, not great welds but they do the job.

i do want 2 stroke/cycle, kick start would be kool, and automatic, im 6' tall
kinda hard to be shifting. lol would also like a motor that i can upgrade as money becomes available, i've been looking on CL but no luck on cheap
motorcross bikes not even on damaged ones. dont really want to spend alot
of money on this

What i have installed is a snowblower Tecumseh hsk600 which i believe its 3.5 hp (which i found in the alley FREEBIE:D)
60 tooth sprocket and 12 tooth clutch

If You like to see top speed on my bike i have a video of my freind riding it
till he wrecked in the video sectionmarcelo

Thanks for the help in advance:thumbsup:

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
sweet bike! im all for putting engines in things that arent supposed to be there. especially huge engines!

maybe a 50cc dirt bike engine will fit? you could always try 60-80cc but IDK if they will fit.

another option is to get a torque converter ($200) that acts as a CVT (continuously variating transmission) that works just like a snowmobile clutch and will get you both more torque and top end (because it goes into overdrive) and could get you ALOT more power than a centrifugal clutch.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I was inspired on my build by Mk2Mike here on this forum. thanks by the way.

My question is what motor would have double the power i have, and would fit in my frame, some mods are ok, i can weld, not great welds but they do the job.

i do want 2 stroke/cycle, kick start would be kool, and automatic, im 6' tall
kinda hard to be shifting. lol would also like a motor that i can upgrade as money becomes available, i've been looking on CL but no luck on cheap
motorcross bikes not even on damaged ones. dont really want to spend alot
of money on this

What i have installed is a snowblower Tecumseh hsk600 which i believe its 3.5 hp (which i found in the alley FREEBIE:D)
60 tooth sprocket and 12 tooth clutch

If You like to see top speed on my bike i have a video of my freind riding it
till he wrecked in the video sectionmarcelo

Thanks for the help in advance:thumbsup:
Nice job with the snowthrower engine on the cateye..........with some crank stuffing ,,some squish readjusting and some porting aswell as adding a Tillotson pumpercarb you can make that engine really powerful..............

An engine like this KTM engine will work fine too.........Kickstart and automatic.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, blue thunder3320 and cam2 for quick replies

Was thinking about torque converter, but for $200 i was trying to get way more torque. lol but still debating

Cam2 i understood squish, and porting but u lost me on crank stuffing.. did u mean raising compression? i taught that was squish.. somewhat.. lol

im actually miiling the head somewhat little by little, going to mess w timing and running on some octane booster, just to see what happens. not to worried about this motor. trial and error lol.

again thats why im here to learn from u guys.. thanks again
by the way what size is that ktm motor, looks like what i was going for.. i guess time for some web searching

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Small inserts can be inserted in to the open areas of the "Hollow" cranks, not really hollow, they just have a big open area in them, by stuffing that area with the stuffers, you lower crank case volume which raises the PSI's in the lower case (Usually GOOD) !!

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
Small inserts can be inserted in to the open areas of the "Hollow" cranks, not really hollow, they just have a big open area in them, by stuffing that area with the stuffers, you lower crank case volume which raises the PSI's in the lower case (Usually GOOD) !!
hey now i never knew that! good to know! maybe ill try it on my next 2 stroke i get...

exactly what do you put in there?

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
hey now i never knew that! good to know! maybe ill try it on my next 2 stroke i get...

exactly what do you put in there?
Usually something light weight, and it needs to be able to take the heat without melting... Light weight is awesome because you do not have to worry about throwing the weight out of balance.

I wanted to try to market crank stuffers for B1-reps / C1's, but, I'm pretty Lazy! :)

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
also has to be fuel proof...

inside an engine its hot, compressed, and theres obviously fuel!

so is this like, jb weld? or does it go on the crankshaft?

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
a hardened red substance. gottcha aha thx dude!

well i bet he could get at least 6HP out of his snowblower engine... its just a question of, how much do you want to spend?

im not sure if i skipped over a post. but is it reeded?

i would make a pipe for it.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Thanks, blue thunder3320 and cam2 for quick replies

Was thinking about torque converter, but for $200 i was trying to get way more torque. lol but still debating

Cam2 i understood squish, and porting but u lost me on crank stuffing.. did u mean raising compression? i taught that was squish.. somewhat.. lol

im actually miiling the head somewhat little by little, going to mess w timing and running on some octane booster, just to see what happens. not to worried about this motor. trial and error lol.

again thats why im here to learn from u guys.. thanks again
by the way what size is that ktm motor, looks like what i was going for.. i guess time for some web searching
Well I hope your friend is doing well after his wipeout........When I saw the vid I said oh no until he sprung up with hands in the air..............

Usually on those snowblower engines the carb butterfly works in reverse and is a floater carb which requires a stiff spring or some macgyvering..........They work ok but a pumper carb from a Techumseh TC200 will work a lil better

To get more torque put the jackshaft setup back on it but with custom-made gearing..........You can gear that engine down to a torquey 3300-3600 rpms and gear the drive side up for topend to have very little sacrifice on the lowerend but indeed theres no substitute for a CVT........If you can get your hands on an X2 CVT you can mod it to work/fit

The scooter engine is a 50cc from a KTM50...........You can also use PW50 and Suzuki JR50 engines aswell but the KTM engine fits so much better

Keep up the good work and be safe doing it............Get a better seat than just a fender protector

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
a hardened red substance. gottcha aha thx dude!

well i bet he could get at least 6HP out of his snowblower engine... its just a question of, how much do you want to spend?

im not sure if i skipped over a post. but is it reeded?

i would make a pipe for it.
On methanol/alky mix ,,stuffed crank,,,raceporting,,lightened flywheel and a Tillotson carb itll pump out alot more...........[10-15hp]

The engine is piston ported.............A higher and wider exhaust port aswell as a 10* advance key will work in addition to the pipe you mentioned........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Again thanks everybody for tips, gona start reading 2stroke tuners handbook. just downloaded it. so i can port the piston.

this motor is not reeded. i know the stock carb is garbage not adjustable at all... in search of a better one.. that TC200 CAM2 mentioned isn't that throat kinda small for this motor..?

im learning so excuse my lack of knowledge.

10-15HP makes me giggle inside w excitement.. lmao
would love that w motor i have but i really don't think that motor would last that long, if i would invested the money into it.

but im trying everything u guys mention where i dont have to invest money, just time..

id rather invest money into a 100-125cc 2 stroke motor, if i can find one at a reasonable price, that id know would handle mods.

oh and i have another ? i read in another post , that i can't find anymore about a tuned pipe calculator (on the net) that would assist on dimensions ? if anybody could point me in the right direction would greatly appreciate it.

by the way my friend ok.. a little sore lol
and the fender cover was improvised, while i was painting the seat portion of body. he was having a blast, when he started getting reckless we brought out the phone to record it.. and wow! were all surprised and relieved he didnt get hurt worse.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts