Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Im new to this forum!

So i've just bought from a car boot, a nice little Mini Moto, well I'm not quite sure what it is.

I've got it home, and it runs a beauty, but I have no idea what make, model, number, nothing about it.

Can anybody help me here, what is it?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Welcome aboard, you have the Cadillac of China pocketbikes, a Lucky 7, I have a modded one, and a bunch of other bikes. My avatar bikes is similar, same body, different frame, an MT-A2 Cagllari Daytona, there are A1 thru A7s, an A4 and above are water cooled. We call them Cags for short. The engine is a China copy of an air cooled Blata mimi moto. You probably have what's called a 47cc, 40mm bore 30mm stroke, there are 49cc, 44mm bore engines, and plenty of hot rod parts to upgrade your engines,lol.
It's a reed port engine w/ a 12mm piston carb. scooterparts4less on the west coast and pocketbikeparts in Florida, are 2 good places for parts and eBay has great deals once you know what you want. Click on photo to make it bigger.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You sir, are an absolute hero!

Thank you for all that information, my next question.

The guy who had it before, said he got it restricted, due to have young kids.

Is there anywhere or somehow I can see how to derestrict it?

Dunc

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
On that bike the only 2 ways to make it slower is in the throttle on the bars, take the screws out and see how far it travels they can block inside so the carb piston cannot open all the way. Or on top of the carb piston where the throttle cable hooks to it, they can put spacer on the cable to keep the carb piston from opening all the way. It has a magneto coil and magnets on the flywheel, like a chain saw,lol. That little wire off the coil grounds the coil thru a key unit or kill switch on the bars or both.
Take the air filter off the front of the carb so you can see the piston go up and down. It should open all they way, If it don't it probably is restricted. The top of the carb unscrews and you can take the piston out, you will see the cable, spring and piston. I would take the carb bowl off and unscrew the brass main jet and clean it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts