Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my x19 pocket bike yesterday, and it seems that the welds are not so good on these things and the oil is very trashy, so i stripped the bike to the bare frame, i plan on taking the bike to the shop today after school and working on it a little, but one qustion, what do you guys mean by reinforcing the frame?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
On an X19 the frame doesnt need reinforcing...The rear swingarm does.........The C-channel needs to be boxed-in for strength.......Buying an X18 swingarm and modifyling it to fit the X19 is a better mod/////

In any event reinforcing means just what is says........

This is my Ducati cag and evil wasp cag..Both are heavily reinforced as you can tell from before and after pics.......Theyre reinforced aswell as stretched...Theyll hold a rider of over 300lbs each.....

before

After

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohhh i see, i seen swheels threads on front forks and the shock mod, i believe he said the proper height is 8.5 inches rite? I plan on doing that stuff and working on the frame and ect for now

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
That's only if your doing the rear shock linkage system. I will be honest and I have to post this in my thread. The way I was gonna make the 8½in shock work. I was going to compress the shock down to 7½in. Then make the linkage system setup for the 7.5 but I will still be able to use my 8.5 shock. These bikes do not need a lot of shock travel,I get about 2½ on the front under heavy braking. For the rear about 1½ which is good enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's only if your doing the rear shock linkage system. I will be honest and I have to post this in my thread. The way I was gonna make the 8½in shock work. I was going to compress the shock down to 7½in. Then make the linkage system setup for the 7.5 but I will still be able to use my 8.5 shock. These bikes do not need a lot of shock travel,I get about 2½ on the front under heavy braking. For the rear about 1½ which is good enough.
Ok im gonna try to order the shock now any good brands? And what kind of oul for the folks?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.