Pocketbike Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
I try my best as to try my best to share my knowledge with everyone as an auto tech / Mechanic I have had have 16 years old and ask if I could show him how to check his oil because his parents didn't know how to I told him I would do it under 1 conditions that he teach his parents ..he agreed!! So I showed how to check oil /transmission fluid tire pressure and about the safety of pulling a radiator cap off a hot vehicle under pressure and squeeze the upper hose fill for pressure and it was under pressure if he hung around i would show him how to check it and he did along with things to look for on a quick under hood inspection.... he asked what he owed me I told him nothing!!! I would rather spend 15 minutes teaching a customer than replace a locked up engine that I can't roll around to get torque converter bolts out ...

· Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,728 Posts
It really is amazing what people don't know. I continually say no one these days wants a project to fix up. Or do any work really.
I teach my kids how is put in gas, check oil, they are not 16 yet. I even soon will teach the one to drive. Also taught them how to start a fore, build a tent, etc. All simple stuff people should know.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It's time for an update!
I have gotten a little more done. Drilled out the holes so the motor adjusting bolts actually work. Had to redrill all the holes in the new rear sprocket. the rear axle now rolls on four bearings instead of two !!
Waiting for the exhaust to come back from the welder.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts