Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LOL
ok so i can't remember if i did this when i signed up on board a while back so here goes,

I am a Newbieeeee!
and i am a Woman! ( here me roar, meow, meow) ok sorry, i'm kind of a dork, like you couldn't tell.
anyway,
I'm an old lady who apparently is having a mid life crises, because that is the only reason i can think of that would compel me to buy these toys at my age.
I don't know any thing about bikes except they are fun to ride.
I recently completed The Basic Rider Course in order to get my motorcycle license, because i bought a 150cc moped and i wanted to be legal.
I am dabbling in the idea of taking an online motorcycle technician course just in case my normal job doesn't last.( need a back up plan just in case),
(we will see how my time and finances go)
any way,
i live in a small town about 800 people or so, and
here are a few pics of my toys.
i do have one more not pictured but it is at a friends house atm being fixed.
( that one is a 1985 yahama qt50)
i know this is a pocket bike forum, but they all kind of go hand in hand
so i am showing all toys.

i have not done any mods or anything to any of them yet, hopefully soon,
the mini bike runs, no air filter and a really crappy brake, ( pressure on the back tire, gotta love that)
the scooter runs great, except i broke the mirror my first ride( too much power arrgh,lol)
the yellow one is the mini moto ( pretty sure that is what it is)
that i picked up last week, it's a 36v one, and it runs! whooo hoo)
when i start on the mods, i will be asking for lots of advice and help.
( of course i just saw another one for sale on craigslist, a gas one for 150.00 that i want, but it's too soon to buy another toy, **** me and my craigslist addiction)
oh and did i mention, sometimes i can be long winded?

the pics of the yellow one are not so great, i was fighting a hornets nest in order to take the pic.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Welcome to the Planet and nice collection of toys....Youll love it here..theres lots of nice bikes here.......I have a few myself aswell as a 1985 powder blue Yamaha QT50..............Im not going through a midlife crisis though..Im more like Peter Pan...lol

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Hi Lisa!!! Mid-life Crisis? well how do you explain the rest of us? I think it might be more likely you like to have something, called, umm, FUN! :) :thumbsup:

Boys and Girls of all ages deserve to Smile and Have FUN! No matter who, or where they are.

ps

I am FOR SURE a total DORK! so don't feel alone! Dorks are cooler by today's standards anyway!

·
Registered
34 Posts
thats i nice little collection you have there lisa i hope you are enjoying yourself in amongst it all

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yay for girls into this stuff too! Hi :) I have an X1 I'm playing with, getting finances in order to fix it up.

And I have a Blata 2.5 that needs a pull cord, paint, the pipe re-attached and a good clean up(probably a plug and fuel lines too). I share your craigslist addiction, that's where I got both of my bikes.

I'll be following your projects!

·
Registered
898 Posts
hi there lisa! welcome! mice mini bike........
well there all nice!
have fun and remember......were here if ya need help!
and even if ya dont.......share ur projects!
you go girl!
oh and batvamp i just found out u were a girl like.......2 days ago lolololol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey everyone, thanks for making a gal feel special! lol

and Cam, mine is powder blue as well! i love that thing.
I'm pretty sure i will have lot's of questions, once work
actually starts.
Beast, i was goofing off with photoshop the other day
and i made my mini moto pink like your bike,
it was cool!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Hey everyone, thanks for making a gal feel special! lol

and Cam, mine is powder blue as well! i love that thing.
I'm pretty sure i will have lot's of questions, once work
actually starts.
Beast, i was goofing off with photoshop the other day
and i made my mini moto pink like your bike,
it was cool!
Do you do Graphic art Lisa? I do some art / 3D every now and then...

Have you ever seen how cool the Photoshop Tutorials are on Lynda.com? That whole website (and Lynda for sure) is yet another example of just how Smart Girls are! I cannot believe how women used to be "Treated" back in the 40's and 50's, My Great Grandma was the first Woman to ever swim the S.F. Bay, following the path of the Golden Gate Bridge, so I know all about super cool women!

Thanks for the posts!

ps

here is a picture...

http://foundsf.org/index.php?title=Women_Swimming_in_the_Golden_Gate

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
thats SUPER cool nick!
Thanks Billy! I would not have said anything, but it is ALMOST the 100 year anniversary, I might be uploading some new pictures of posters and original photos to the wikipedia page, Girls writing papers / essay's about strong women should have access to this story, the info about my great grandma stealing the thunder and swimming early is total garbage, Hazel was always going to be first, it was her Idea! other girls wanted to "Race her" she knew they wanted to steal her glory, she agreed, and then did the smart thing, and took credit for her idea, people always try to take credit for other peoples hard work!

·
Registered
898 Posts
thats the truth ppl are too JELOUS of ppls ideas.....so they STEAL em.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Haha blueflame yes I am. I think it's just Lisa, Rashonda and I but those are the only active posters I know of.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nick that is so cool about your grandma!
my graphic art abilities are just me goofing around, nothing professional, made a few signatures for boards but that's about it. it is amazing what you can do now adays with software.
I'm pretty sure i would not have made it in the 40's or 50's. I'm a bit too out-spoken and independent. ( most would call that an attitude problem!lol)
i am looking to get my boss to give me the next month off ( it's part time work) so i can start enjoying my summer toys before the darn snow flies again. ( unless i can rig a track to my mini and ride it in the snow!)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Lisa you dont need to rig a track to the mini for the snow < just kick everyone out of the house and build an indoor track that would be much more comfortable

·
PSN: xR3Y-_-BeAsTx
183 Posts
Nick that is so cool about your grandma!
my graphic art abilities are just me goofing around, nothing professional, made a few signatures for boards but that's about it. it is amazing what you can do now adays with software.
I'm pretty sure i would not have made it in the 40's or 50's. I'm a bit too out-spoken and independent. ( most would call that an attitude problem!lol)
i am looking to get my boss to give me the next month off ( it's part time work) so i can start enjoying my summer toys before the darn snow flies again. ( unless i can rig a track to my mini and ride it in the snow!)
I know where your coming from about enjoying the weather before the snow strikes. I reside in Michigan where the weather will be 90 degrees during the summer and 20 degrees in the winter. :eek:

In your case, go for the time off if you feel it's necessary. There's so many ppl taking vacation time off at my work it's unbelievable. I'm just not one of them. :cool:

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Lisa you dont need to rig a track to the mini for the snow < just kick everyone out of the house and build an indoor track that would be much more comfortable

You crack me up Nat! that is awesome, I could see it now, them huddled outside in the cold, Lisa getting a knee down through the living room! Awesome!

Fun is NOT just for kids anymore! :) :thumbsup:

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
I love how she started off with the "midlife crisis" thing .... An old woman? Lisa, I'm three years older than you are, and I know guys in their 50's who are still riding and racing (and falling off, and dragging knees ...)

There was an old minibike way back in the '60's that actually WAAS built as a half-track. The front end was the standard wheel (which could also be replaced by a ski), while the entire rear end of the minibike was a tracked unit.
http://www.minidoodle.com/id299.htm
http://www.minidoodle.com/id278.htm

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I am in my second childhood,lol, and we all love toys here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
spy guy that thing is awesome.
and i could see people in my town riding it.
( i mean heck, they ride their lawn mowers to the bars after they lose there license for dui's. )

well my boss decided now was not a good time for me to take off maybe next month she said. #%#[email protected]^
anyway
restoration on projects will have to wait another month.
of course, i still have not told hubby about the mini moto,
it's cleverly hidden in my shed and the key has been misplaced, lol.
good thing because the other day while changing the gear oil on my scooter, he decided to help,
(i think it's the first time that man has ever been in the garage)
well he tripped over my mini bike and says,
" why not get rid of that **** thing, it's just in the way"
i tried to explain to him that i was going to fix it up, he just shook his head and walked away.
he needs to stay in the house and play videos games like he usually does! and stay out of my **** garage!lol

and thanks all for making me feel YOUNG!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts