Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined as i got my daughter a mini dirt bike and i enjoy it as much as she does. Now im waiting for my pocket road bike to arrive so i can do it up performance wise. Im q qualified mechanic by trade and enjoy working on cars as well as these bikes now. They're so much fun to ride and play around with. I live in Melbourne, Australia

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Just joined as i got my daughter a mini dirt bike and i enjoy it as much as she does. Now im waiting for my pocket road bike to arrive so i can do it up performance wise. Im q qualified mechanic by trade and enjoy working on cars as well as these bikes now. They're so much fun to ride and play around with. I live in Melbourne, Australia
Welcome to the Planet...Yes these things can be pretty fun and addictive...

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Yeah, me & CAM2 are pretty muched Hooked on these bikes and engines. If your a mechanic, this will be easy. Read some of CAM2 post.
Cags, Cags, and more Cags on the front page of the website has photos and text, you will be modding and having fun in no time.
Where did you order your bike, from downunder?? The use to be a site, think it was www.pocketbikeparts.com.au , wouldn't hurt to try,lol.
Welcome aboard, lot of Crazy Motorheads here,lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply guys. I notice your posts/pics alot on this site. U guys are moderators or admins semms like it. Ive also noticed u guys have alot of info and great advice which is great.
I bought the bike on ebay based in sydney, australia. Already gone thru the factory clutch so waiting for a heavy duty one now. Ive changed the fuel lines and clamps to some spare efi car hose i had in my tool box and the fuel filter with an element filter (small type) and in the middle of doing the petcock mod. Put in an ngk spark plug and adjusted the forks in the carb so it would stop leaking fuel. Also moved the small c clip to 2nd from bottom position on throttle needle as it was needed more fuel when riding. Also have put in a 200mm long heavy duty rear shock to handle my weight better. Its alot better now to ride but just waiting on clutch to have some more fun. Ill post some pics when i can but also when my pocket road bike arrives i am getting a complete engine pack for around $140 its on ebay and based here in queensland. Ill post the item number so u can give ur input and make suggestions. Thanks guys.

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Welcome to pbp forum.

I think EPR and CAM2 should be admins on this forum. They are always there to help people out.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Sounds good, if you get a 49cc B/B kit, make sure it has a Full Circle Crank, it fills up the crank case area to make more pressure which in turn gives you faster flow of fuel up the intake main transfer ports. Myself I prefer a single wide 3rd port 9/16", then 2, then 3. I have all three types.
The 3 upper ports leave very little cylinder for the piston the ride on, so it will wear out faster. Don't listen to the BS or Hype, like 54cc, all 49cc Cag engines have a 44mm bore and piston. 5.5hp on a 47cc, 40mm engines is total bull, 2.75hp is more like it,lol. Also on your bike get a 16mm Walbro WT 603, or copy carb. with alum manifold and V-stack and air filter. Going to need a rocket key also.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks epr
Yeh it has a windowed piston, full circle crank, triple third porting it says its got some hp carby but not sure on brand. Ill get the walbro u mentioned if its not included. 44mm big bore kit it says on description and it comes with boost bottle. I have requested dual stage carbon fibre reeds and will replace the flywheel with an 8 fin lightened one and rocket key. After i see a performance improvement ill start playing with sprockets to get best acceleration and/or top speed. ill keep posting as i go along but to be honest because christmas is so close i have to stay away from the bike and the project car and make like i give a crap about all this christmas spirit and decorations or the wife will give me headaches all thru the holiday period. So unfortunetly the projects will be on hold for a couple of weeks. Till then guys.....
Have a great holiday/s

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks epr
Yeh it has a windowed piston, full circle crank, triple third porting it says its got some hp carby but not sure on brand. Ill get the walbro u mentioned if its not included. 44mm big bore kit it says on description and it comes with boost bottle. I have requested dual stage carbon fibre reeds and will replace the flywheel with an 8 fin lightened one and rocket key. After i see a performance improvement ill start playing with sprockets to get best acceleration and/or top speed. ill keep posting as i go along but to be honest because christmas is so close i have to stay away from the bike and the project car and make like i give a crap about all this christmas spirit and decorations or the wife will give me headaches all thru the holiday period. So unfortunetly the projects will be on hold for a couple of weeks. Till then guys.....
Have a great holiday/s

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Lol. My iPhone4 does it to sometimes.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Tell about it, my wife has been *****ing about all this Christmas stuff for 2 weeks now, I thought it was Jesus's birthday and they turned it in Buy Me, Buy Me. My PB package comes tomorrow, I am Stoked, got to meet the FedEx guy down the road so my wife don't see it, It's hard being Addicted to PB,lol,lol.
See the water cooled C1 front forks on my avatar photo, they are going on my water cooled Polini A2 Cag frame I am modding. Got a new blue A2 front forks to replace it,lol.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Tell about it, my wife has been *****ing about all this Christmas stuff for 2 weeks now, I thought it was Jesus's birthday and they turned it in Buy Me, Buy Me. My PB package comes tomorrow, I am Stoked, got to meet the FedEx guy down the road so my wife don't see it, It's hard being Addicted to PB,lol,lol.
See the water cooled C1 front forks on my avatar photo, they are going on my water cooled Polini A2 Cag frame I am modding. Got a new blue A2 front forks to replace it,lol.
Hah, Ya U tell em.... Jesus wasn't even born in December.. It was some time in September..

http://www.herealittletherealittle.net/index.cfm?page_name=Jesus-Birthday

Good luck on the Wife not seeing your goods... hahaha! Welcome to the site Mr. Chog

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for welcomes.
Yeh the wife sh#ts me about buying parts for my project car and now the pb. I need double strength headache formula to deal with her these days. But its ok for her to buy things and do things that cost $ ....naturally!

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Well December is just the month they picked to celebrate it, there's no snow in September, so Santa, would have a hard time in his sleigh,lol.
It's a Pagan holiday anyway as well and Sun Day, Sunday thru Saturday are Pagan names also,lol.
Yeah, alls clear, got my parts by the Grinch, ready to assemble the front forks and wheel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol here in melbourne its middle of summer. Last week or week before it hit 41 degrees celsius. Im pretty sure thats well over 100 degrees in your part of the world. So santa would be losing his weight when he delivers. Also he water skis whilst delivering presents.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Well, I'm set now, tree, presents, in-laws,lol. Yeah, I go to Aisa from time to time, everything is in Metrics, Celsius. I come from a mechanic, machinist, fabricator, background and have a DET deisel certificate from college, so the small engine stuff is pretty easy.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just wanted to ask yas a question regarding transmission on the pocket dirt bike here. Its got the gear reduction drive im pretty sure (so ive read)
now the front sprocket has 14 teeth. What rear sprocket (on back wheel) would be oprimal or has given you guys best results. Mind you im not racing but i still want decent acceleration and high top speed. What works for you or should i change both??
Thanks

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The reduction box is a 3 to 1 Step down, its two gears and a #25 chain. It is to move the front drive sprocket back cause you have a swing arm and shock that makes the chain move up and down. So, at the pinion gear to get your final ratio. Divide the front teeth into the back teeth, and add that to the 3:1.
14 and 44 teeth would be 3.14 + 3 = 6.14 ratio. pretty high for a dirt bike. most Cags come with at least 9 or 10 to one. If you put an a smaller front 13 and a bigger rear the ratio will be lower, more take off less top speed.
Buy making more power you can gear it higher and still have good take off, if you gear too low you have no top speed, on too high and no take off.
Weight is the number 1 power loss on these light bikes. A small kid will be faster than an adult.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.