Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi people I have just found a little project for myself and my 11year old son we are going to rebuild a blata but we have no idea for the model we have places to source parts so we have joined here we are in the uk needs a flywheel and pull start I have started it with a drill and it runs ok but we are going to have a strip down anyway. Hope you can id our bike thanks Darren

photos to follow

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Wierd.. The engine shouldnt run without the flywheel.. Thats where the Magnets are that power the Coil and spark...

Use Photobucket to host your pictures and use the little picture button above the text box to put the link to the picture in your post...

Or put the link to the picture between
but with capital IMG IMG...

Bluebird?

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Nothing wrong with that flywheel, a lot of us on the Cag China clone Blata's cut off every other fin, to lighten it. Break off the 2 fins 180 degrees a crossed, clean up the whole flywheel and magnets w/ sand paper and the coil arms too. Re-set the coil gap to .020", .5mm. Not sure if you have the 4.2 or 6.2 horsepower, N!pples will know.
Your in England right. Search for Petrol Scooters, there in the UK. I am in USA in California and I bought a few parts for my Blata clone 50cc water cooled China C1 there over the years.
Also, search eBay.UK, for 39cc air cooled Blata parts. Parts are not cheap, maybe $50 for a new starter housing. I have a 39cc air cooled Polini 910 Carena. The Blata was made in Eastern Europe by Pavel Blata. My polini is made in Italy, both are mini moto bikes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanks ERP for the info .. I thought the fly wheel was knackred.. lol.. so I just need a model if anyone can help so I can order my parts.. cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wierd.. The engine shouldnt run without the flywheel.. Thats where the Magnets are that power the Coil and spark...

Use Photobucket to host your pictures and use the little picture button above the text box to put the link to the picture in your post...

Or put the link to the picture between
but with capital IMG IMG...

Bluebird?
http://www.blata-import.nl/contents/en-uk/d121_Motoren.html
4th one down looks like my lump and it does say blue bird on the back of the flywheel..

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Its a Blata 2.5... The Blue Bird is the paint scheme.. They did many paint schemes on these things but all the same frame and engines.. Yes 39cc

The 2.5 model has the smaller 4 inch rims and 14/12 Del Orto
the 2.6 Model has the 6.5 inch rims different brake mounts for the wheels to fit and a 14/14 Del Orto Carb.. Both 39cc

Do what EPR says and take the 2 opposite fins off the fly wheel.. It should work.. Or look at Midsouthminimoto...

This is a img link in those IMG Tags I mentioned..

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
No problem.. After looking at the pictures further you might have a problem here...

The center crank stud looks stripped and some kind of epoy holding it on?? Those prawls on top should both have springs that keep them towards the center to grab the starter claw and then spring out when the engine starts and flywheel starts spinning fast...

If you take off that epoxy off can you get a Metric Nut on it??? You might need a new crank and flywheel with starter prawls...

Pocket bike madness begins... ;) Might want to find a cheap 2nd to steal parts off of...

Mid south doesnt seem to sell just the crank... Sure its not cheap...
http://www.midsouthminimoto.com/enginesandengineparts.aspx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes needs a new crankshaft their is no therd on the end and the hole on the flywheel for the woodruff key is well worn so .. Its now a parts bike.. Request if ya need any parts i put em on ebay for ya..

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I was wondering what that white stuff was, I kept looking for the crank nut but could not tell from the photos. Got to have them springs and the starter levers. Them people want €216, $250 US for a 49cc China Cag engine, wow, they probably paid $30 or $40 for it. If there is a stub big enough off the crank end, might be able to put smaller threads and a nut.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts