Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I picked up a Blata 2.5 this past weekend from a local. This is my first pocket bike and first 2 stroke motor. The bike is in good condition, but my plans for this pocket as of now are to replace some parts(wheel bearings, brakes, new bolts etc) to make it safe proof, then turn it into a little track bike. Any tips for maintenance on a 2 stroke engine? Seller said to do a 32:1 fuel mixture with 2 stroke oil which I did.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
32:1 is a break-in mixture...50:1 is race mix and 42:1 is a safe mix...

Lube all the cables,,lube the chain,,lube the clutch bearing,,check the clutch pads n springs,adjust the brake calipers,,check the Reed petals,air up the tires to proper pressure and change the sparkplug..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips CAM2. I actually took apart the whole bike. Going to clean it up, and see what parts I need to buy. You know a good website to buy Blata parts from? My Dell'Orto Sha 14/12 carburetor is different. It doesn't have that long metal part that connects to the choke. I have to leave the choke on to run the bike..

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Thanks for the tips CAM2. I actually took apart the whole bike. Going to clean it up, and see what parts I need to buy. You know a good website to buy Blata parts from? My Dell'Orto Sha 14/12 carburetor is different. It doesn't have trhat long metal part that connects to the choke. I have to leave the choke on to run the bike..
Midsouth minimoto....Stoney is a good guy..

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
What all needs to be done to it? It looks to be in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What all needs to be done to it? It looks to be in pretty good shape.
I'm pretty picky with my all my bikes. Need it to be perfect for me.

It definitely needs a new rear brake rotor(warped), new clutch springs, brake pads(front and rear). other than that it's in good condition. I have some plans to put 6.5 wheels on it, but I still need some more info on this subject. If you know how to's please let me know! I also can't get the clutch cover off this **** thing, glued on like a mother fuu...

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I'm pretty picky with my all my bikes. Need it to be perfect for me.

It definitely needs a new rear brake rotor(warped), new clutch springs, brake pads(front and rear). other than that it's in good condition. I have some plans to put 6.5 wheels on it, but I still need some more info on this subject. If you know how to's please let me know! I also can't get the clutch cover off this **** thing, glued on like a mother fuu...
Can you get the clutch nut off? If you can, I'll sometimes take a paper towel and fold it into a small square for padding. Place it on the backing plate of the clutch, and give it a few taps with a hammer to loosen it up. You may need a clutch puller.

To go to 6.5 wheels, you thinking blata authentics or just cag wheels? Blata's can get pricey. I think it's just a simple swap, I'll have to research it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you get the clutch nut off? If you can, I'll sometimes take a paper towel and fold it into a small square for padding. Place it on the backing plate of the clutch, and give it a few taps with a hammer to loosen it up. You may need a clutch puller.

To go to 6.5 wheels, you thinking blata authentics or just cag wheels? Blata's can get pricey. I think it's just a simple swap, I'll have to research it.
I'm not so worried about the clutch nut. I was talking about the clutch case. I managed to get to clutch case off using a mallet. Either the clutch case grooves are warped, or the engine block grooves(clutch side) is somehow damaged from the previous owner. At least I know whats going on with it now. Its a pain in the *** to get it off.

As for the 6.5 wheels, I'll just be going with CAG wheels. Did some research and the rear should to bolt on, but front is a bit different. Still looking for parts atm.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bought parts off a CAG and put in the 6.5 wheels. Rear wheel bolted in smoothly. For the front setup I just took off the whole front fork off the CAG and bolted it on the Blata frame. Handling is much better now. No more twitchy feeling from the inside of the bike while doing a turn. Can't wait to bring this and my Grom to the track!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks way nice! Clever idea with the cag forks. I just got back from a race yesterday. Didn't win but had a great time. So much fun on this bike.
What kind of bike is that? I'd def like to build a blata b1 rep one day. I'm still sourcing for parts... It seems im almost 2 decades late on the mini motos lol

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Kray,
is the red bull can on the side for coolant if it overflows?
Cheers
David
Yeah, per race requirement. All overflow tubes needed a catch can. But I like to say it give my bike wings haha

What kind of bike is that? I'd def like to build a blata b1 rep one day. I'm still sourcing for parts... It seems im almost 2 decades late on the mini motos lol
It is a early thousands DM Telai with a polini case and bzm 40cc cylinder. I sold my grc rsr and a blata elite 11 to buy this last month. If you can get a wc bike other then a b1 rep go got that instead. Lots of problems with them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts