Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone ! 2 questions:confused:..1- had to change throttle parts(rigged a little as parts not same size) but using same cable.Now when giving it gas I let go of throttle & it stays,doesn't ease back like it used to.,,,2- do I have to register it in Calif? Got it from a guy who put a little weed eater motor(pull start) on frame he made to have it look like a lil mini chopper Thanks

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Hi Everyone ! 2 questions:confused:..1- had to change throttle parts(rigged a little as parts not same size) but using same cable.Now when giving it gas I let go of throttle & it stays,doesn't ease back like it used to.,,,2- do I have to register it in Calif? Got it from a guy who put a little weed eater motor(pull start) on frame he made to have it look like a lil mini chopper Thanks
Welcome to the site.........You may of installed the throttle too tight to where tha handlebar is hitting the gripend.......Loosen the two screws and pull the throttle out about 1/4" and retighten the screws

Some throttle housings have a setpin that fits into a hole in the handlebar,,,cut the nub off or drill a hole in the handlebars if needed

Getting pocketbikes registered in Cali is a big dream as they do not and will not allow it to be registered for highway use......They dont allow the use of regular filament lightbulbs anymore either.............:eek:

Good Luck

Heres my custom Mini Harley

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. Will try that out.Wow yours is real cool How fast does it go ?!I'm always telling mine to grow up & quit being a wanna be. lol I was thinking for dmv I"d take the fake motor,heads,& etc off, bolt on skate boards on both sides & tell them it's a motorized handicapped scooter ? just posted some pictures on my profile thing

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Will try that out.Wow yours is real cool How fast does it go ?!I'm always telling mine to grow up & quit being a wanna be. lol I was thinking for dmv I"d take the fake motor,heads,& etc off, bolt on skate boards on both sides & tell them it's a motorized handicapped scooter ? just posted some pictures on my profile thing
Youre Welcome and thanks back.....It goes a hair over 50mph.....After I finish with modifying both of the engines with even more power than theyre modified with already Ill be going over 60...:D

California is very particular what theyll register for road useage and let on the road ....I dont know how it works in Cali as far as offraod vehicles but here in NY snowmobiles,,3 wheelers and quads have to be registered for offroad use and a plate is required but theyre not allowed on highways except for a state of emergency.....

Mopeds are what the name says ,,,Its a motorized vehicle and a pedal bike combined;- mo-ped........they dont require a license plate if they dont exceed 20mph....They also classified the 85 yamaha QT50 as a moped too but it required a plate but no insurance

Scooters are in a different world.........Theyre classified in 2 categories... stand-up and sitdown...

stand-ups are allowed to be used as transportation as long as the rider wears a helmet and the scooter doesnt exceed 25mph..........It doesnt require lighting or registration

sitdowns require registration and are classified into two groups 20-49mph and 40-70mph....both require a moped license,,registration,,insurance and a state issued license plate

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
lol, As long as it doesnt go over 25 MPH... But depends what city you are in really... Scooters/mopeds are ok in burbank but try to ride a pocket bike under 25mph and under 50cc you will be getting a ticket... They will find something to ticket you for... Helmet, lights, seat height, cc's, steets riding, sidwalk riding or vise versa.. They will find something.... How fast do you move on this weedwacker motor and where are you located? Pictures would be awesome!

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
If your doing attachments and they are not loading they are too big and you need to resize them with photo editing software.. You can try photobuckt to use the Picrure Link Icon... Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what am I doing wrong..marcelo can't load pictures .Have 1 of when I first got it & 1 after I painted it to match my Firebird. I'm not sure how fast it goes Nipples,guy I got it from said 30-35 but I probally got it up to 25. Yes ! got pics loaded

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Put a 4 stroke Honda clone 110-125cc, take alittle welding and mounts or put 2 engines like CAM2.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
You have a 2 stroke piston ported engine chopper...Theres two options to getting more power if needed,,drop in a 4 speed 125 like EPR said or a 7hp OHV Honda Clone........

Nice looking bike........Whats in the Firebird a 6?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
If it is legal like that, maybe you should keep the 43 or 49cc and hop it up, and you can still say its 49cc. My 49cc scooter has the engine you have, but has a Boosted306 ported cylinder and Walbro 813 carb w/ Jet Pro hp exhaust. It's legal but hard to keep 25 and under. The some of us mod are own.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.