Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I've been gone about a year. Sorry for the silence!

Still have my two X1s that still haven't been worked on but that should change soon(hopefully next week, just being smart about finances).

Bike 1 - only issue I think it has is that the carb housing came loose one day while riding and now it won't start. No electric start.

Bike 2 - Needs new battery/charger/keys and a way to connect the ignition wires to the battery(?). This is the bike I plan on keeping, hoping to sell the other because it's a pull start and I've got the smallest arms a girl could ask for haha.

Anyway the guy who's going to work on my bike seems to know what he's doing. I was wondering what speed mods I could make to the X1 I'm keeping.
I'm going to replace the key ignition with a toggle switch if that matters. Hopefully once it's running, I can paint this baby in the Team Teku hot wheels color scheme. Any advice is appreciated. Just to have it running optimally should I go ahead and replace the spark plug and fuel lines? Or have him look at everything first? Any major mods I'd enjoy? Thanks for the help, have missed you guys!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Welcome Back!

On bike one, it won't start at all, or just not using the E-start? If it's not starting at all, maybe it has an air leak at the carburetor causing the dilution of the fuel mix? Do you see any signs of excess oil leaking near or under the carburetor? If so, it might just need to be tightened back down, we use Temp ( *Blue* Loc-tite ) on those carburetor hold down bolts, they get oily and love to rattle loose!

For the 2nd bike, a new battery might be in order, be careful, some online batteries are REALLY old, and wont work very well, A new battery *I think* should be under $40, and for the lights and electric start it will need some of the wiring, the safety switch is usually on the left handlebar (Brake lever) and there are some other little parts, such as, the E-start doubles as the Generator (Dc Alternator?) so there is a voltage regulator, and some other parts.

A spark plug for each is a GREAT idea, pull them both out, and match them (length wise, and heat range) before installing them, too long of a plug will cause damage right away.

Just ask the guy lots of questions, and see how fast / well he can answer them, don't give him time to stall, or Google or any of that, a true expert, will show up, ask whats wrong, and fix it right up, + identify + help order any "Broken" Parts.

Good Luck, And Please, feel free to ask any questions, or anything that might be helpful!

Nicholas.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Nick! Thank you! How're your 3D models coming along?

Blue Lock Tite it is for the bolts, I'll make sure to grab some.

Are the pocketbike 12v batteries standard? Can I grab them from a store, versus online? And what should the "ampage"(I know, not a real word) be? He said to get the toggle switch from radio shack.
I will definitely see how this guy works out. He seems to have some machining/fabrication capabilities too.

I think I can grab a new windshield from ebay in black. I want him to do a full TLC mode on the bikes, cleaning out anything and everything that needs it. If he does stuff right, I'll have him install any performance upgrades. I'm so glad to be back in this world, school just took over my life for a little. Haven't ridden in ages!

I'm reading other people's X1 mods on the forum. Seems like a Big Bore kit is in order, JetPro pipe, hp carb and air filter. Anything else I'm missing? Any specific carb and air filter suggestions?
Thanks again!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
No problem, And the 3D stuff is going really well, Thanks for asking!

Yes the batteries are always 12volt, I'm not sure the exact amp hour stats, but I'll try to find out for you, too much amp hours is ok, the battery will last longer, and 12 volt is 12 volt is 12 volt, so nothing will burn out, unless you crank the starter for more than 10 seconds at a time (just like a car)

3brothers3d.com and 3brothers3d.com/minimoto will let you see some of the 3d stuff to be used in our upcoming series of picture / video tutorials, I really want to help us all make Pocket Bike Planet something special, and unique content / one of a kind pictures seem to be a good start!

Also, Good job on School! It is more important than having fun all the time, but, be SURE to have some fun between school time, that way, each new week or month or semester is not as bad, All work and no play and all that jazz...

Feel free to refer the "Dude" to us if he wants any specific opinions, or has questions, or, just get him to do the dirty stuff, and then we can help you figure out the fun things, (I love ELECTRICAL troubleshooting) and will help you all day long for FREE! :D:thumbsup:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh sweet I'm definitely checking out your site!

Thank you! And I agree with you, I almost went crazy but thankfully I get a good 4 months off and would love to take a bike with me back up to school next time. (Was on a road bicycle in the mean time to give me some sort of fix).

Haha will do! That's actually a good idea if he has any questions to send him here. Appreciate it big time Nick! Then hopefully I can finally put that helmet back on and shoot a riding video or something. Woo now I'm excited.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
*waves hi to batvamp - I remember you!*

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Still riding, still working with the kids who want to ride. Am working on building a couple of new bikes now from spare parts, and just picked up a motorized skateboard with a Cag engine on it, so yah, I'll be stylin' .....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts