Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes a mx350 electric dirt bike what upgrades can be done from going to 12-14 mph on stock to around 20-25+

·
Registered
100 Posts
36v 1000w motor $100
48v 50amp cont $35
36v mx500 batt $55
+ 12v 12ah batt $25
48v charger $40
wires + crap -$20
metal mounting plate -$15

to mount motor bend the 1/4 inch aluminum/steel like a L . mount the motor face on the piece of metal and align it to the rear sprocket. When the motor sprocket is alligned to tho the rear sprocket dril two-three holes throgh the stock motor mount.

performance? a lot more power but im not sure of the top speed because i dont know the gearing of that bike.... check exons videos

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
were could i buy this stuff and get directions abd pic howw 2 do it

·
Registered
100 Posts
the 36 battery pack is from razorama.com and the rest of the stuff is from tncscooters. Ask exon (rootbeer)about this stuff... he is the real expert on the mx350, he did this mod.

G

·
PS...my MX350 has mx500 wheels and front end mounted as well...it is not recomended to take the MX350 past 20mph because the stock brake will burn out the first time you try and stop in the mid to upper 20's...you will need to buy a siver brake, it is made for high heat and will not ever fail...also look into mounting a 20" front wheel onto the stock front end...you would be suprised at how much smoooother the bike feels and turns...also try and get a brake for the front wheel(razor being cheep for you) it will stop way better and safer as well

·
Registered
100 Posts
hey , kinda off topic, but i got my mx500 running today at 48v 100amps with 18ah batts and its a beast! I could easly beat my little brothers mx650 which was over 75 pounds lighter. And with my dad on it it was 135 pounds heavier than the 650 and the 500 still managed to edge it out.
I think it accelerates up small hills as fast as it accelerates on flat ground :eek:.......:confused:.......:D.

·
Registered
1 Posts
36v 1000w motor $100
48v 50amp cont $35
36v mx500 batt $55
+ 12v 12ah batt $25
48v charger $40
wires + crap -$20

to mount motor bend the 1/4 inch aluminum/steel like a L . mount the motor face on the piece of metal and align it to the rear sprocket. When the motor sprocket is alligned to tho the rear sprocket dril two-three holes throgh the stock motor mount.

performance? a lot more power but im not sure of the top speed because i dont know the gearing of that bike.... check exons videos
What is the 48v 50amp cont?

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
882 Posts
Yeah, damn 50amp contiguous, thats awesome. Probably 75amp max. Way more than needed, but always welcome in the battery community. Lol

·
Registered
Razor mx500 (mildly modded monster)
172 Posts
I was gonna say he's probably referring to the speed controller...

·
Registered
172 Posts
36v 1000w motor $100
48v 50amp cont $35
36v mx500 batt $55
+ 12v 12ah batt $25
48v charger $40
wires + crap -$20

This is pretty spot on. Only thing I'd recommend over the sla batteries is a lithium ion battery pack... it's way lighter, run time is longer and life expectancy is like 3 times as long. It's expensive but from my experience it's 1000% worth the money.

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
882 Posts
Yes, I put off buying those for years and finally broke down and now that's all I want to use is lithium.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes, I put off buying those for years and finally broke down and now that's all I want to use is lithium.
That's what i plan on putting in anything electric i come across now. Theyre better than sealed lead acid batteries in every possible way outside of the price tag.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts