Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Cag about a year ago and since then I have had problems. But now I am reviving it. So far I have cleaned the frame, the gas tank, and fixed the kill switch and keyed ignition wire. I took off the engine to clean it and take off the broken parts. So I need to clean the engine, in and out. Please tell me how because I posted this in the general section but didn't get an answer.

Also if you know where I could get some parts like foot pegs, air filter, exhaust pipe, fuel filter, and a pull start for very cheap then please also tell me a site I could buy those parts.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Hey, I have 8 bikes, so it is a full time job keeping them running. I get alot of stuff from PB Parts in Florida. I will PM the address. Since you have the engine out. I would order a full eng gasket set around $2- $7. I would split the cases, 4 bolts behind the clutch, take the cyld & flywheel off first. Pound the crank out off the clutch, take the crank out. Check the bearings especially the rod bearing, and rings & cylinder for wear & scratches. For $15 at PB Ps gets you a set of seals and main bearings. Also new rings, and hone or sand the cyld, before you put it back together, or leave the piston in the cylinder and pull one piston clip & the pin and take it off as a unit.
If you take the rubber off you can clean w/carb cleaner, I use Acetone & a rag & gloves and am carefull around the seals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts