Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am taking everything off and i would like to know how to paint a pb frame? could i just sand it up a little then spray paint and then a finish on it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I didnt do anything, and it came out good, I did two thick coats of red, then two thin coats of clear...and it was good, the body is starting to chip.....and I dont have any more paint...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Day Tone, you paint job was needless to say amatuerish ;) Especially when you dont even tape off the wheels or forks.

To get good results, the least you need to do is strip to the frame (No wheels or engine and such), and scuff up the paint from with 600 grit paper. Add some primer, then paint. Every 2-3 coats, wetsand with 800 grit. Add some clearcoat, and enjoy your pimptastic paintjob :D

If you wanted to be crazy you could strip the frame, but its not really needed for a OK paintjob.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
CrisVA said:
Day Tone, you paint job was needless to say amatuerish ;) Especially when you dont even tape off the wheels or forks.
SHUT UP....Its better then your bike, LMAO....Its good enough, Well, Im going to get a new cag and repaint it CLEAN with TAPE this time, metallic green and black frame and wheels....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that would be good. i am thinking of doing black frame with a black fairing. and black rims. wait that means everything is black.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess it depends on the frame...if you have a frame w/ the stamped chrome pieces,I wouldnt try to paint the chrome. I roughed up my frame a bit,lost all the buttons that mounted them and filled in all the holes and unfinished welds with JB weld.I hit it with about 3 coats of rattlecan krylon black and its holding up well - I crash alot

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is the color that i am going to paint my bike. i just have to wait till tue cause i am off that day. a perfect day for a tear down.

·
Registered
36 Posts
how do u paint the plastic/fiberglass fairing. do u first sand with light 600 grid paper then white coat of primer then the flat black.
(ps. does flat black look good)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts