Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Wednesday I'll be embarking on a nice 5 hour round-trip drive into the back woods of Kentucky to pick up this nice little neglected A1 for $12.

Just curious how far have some of you nuts have driven to pick up a PB and if you had an interesting traveling stories to tell.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True, but the way I see it is:
I already have a A1 in decent shape needing a rear wheel (sprocket, axel, brake, and everything) which I can get for $30 off of eBay. It needs a muffler which is another $30-$40, chain $10, pull-start $15, and an ignition coil $15. Around $100 in parts to get it running. So in the end, at the very least, I'll be up $40 plus I'll have a 2nd PB to ride and enjoy. Oh, and I love road trips. :D

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
This Wednesday I'll be embarking on a nice 5 hour round-trip drive into the back woods of Kentucky to pick up this nice little neglected A1 for $12.

Just curious how far have some of you nuts have driven to pick up a PB and if you had an interesting traveling stories to tell.
Nice grab for $12 bucks......Once you tally up the fuel and drinks youll be into it for a bit more........

I drove to Connecticut from Ny to pickup an X18 w/125 for $125.00.It costed be $80 bucks in fuel and that was before the major gas price hikeup.....It was supposed to be a 3 1/2 hour drive one way and I got there in under 2 hours..............My brother was white knuckled all the way there and was wishing he never agreed to go....lol

·
Registered
375 Posts
I drove 9hrs round trip from pittsburgh to maryland to pick up 3 electric dirtbikes. 2 razor MX650's and an MX500. They were in decent shape...it was a long day.$200 for all 3...couldn't pass that up! The neighborhood kids love me.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
100 miles (each way!) to go buy 2 new Cateye's and 1 x1/x2 <--- It was a weird mix + match mashup bike, so I just call it an x1/x2 but it did have the SWEET FAKE C.V.T. with a CVT sticker on it, but it's just a normal gear reduction...

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice grab for $12 bucks......Once you tally up the fuel and drinks youll be into it for a bit more........

I drove to Connecticut from Ny to pickup an X18 w/125 for $125.00.It costed be $80 bucks in fuel and that was before the major gas price hikeup.....It was supposed to be a 3 1/2 hour drive one way and I got there in under 2 hours..............My brother was white knuckled all the way there and was wishing he never agreed to go....lol
Thanks, CL comes through again. I got the lady's address today and turns out the trip will actually only be 2hrs each way so, borrowing my moms car, I'm thinking gas should be no more than $40. My truck on the other hand would have been like $60 or more. :/ I'm looking forward to it though, haven't been on a road trip in a long time and going through the hills of Kentucky, I should also be able to take some nice nature/rural shots with my camera as well.

These were from the last country road trip I took last year. You just don't get to see stuff like this around the city limits anymore.

I drove 9hrs round trip from pittsburgh to maryland to pick up 3 electric dirtbikes. 2 razor MX650's and an MX500. They were in decent shape...it was a long day.$200 for all 3...couldn't pass that up! The neighborhood kids love me.
Now that's a road trip!

100 miles (each way!) to go buy 2 new Cateye's and 1 x1/x2 <--- It was a weird mix + match mashup bike, so I just call it an x1/x2 but it did have the SWEET FAKE C.V.T. with a CVT sticker on it, but it's just a normal gear reduction...
Mwahahaha! My master plan worked! I now have a map showing me the vicinity of where Nick's secret PB lair is!

Come my minions! Tonight we rest but tomorrow we pillage!*&#!!!! Mwahahaha!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Mwahahaha! My master plan worked! I now have a map showing me the vicinity of where Nick's secret PB lair is!

Come my minions! Tonight we rest but tomorrow we pillage!*&#!!!! Mwahahaha!
Dang, I knew it was a trick, nice work! I'm welding up steel "blast doors" right now, and password protecting all my 3d assets (but I'll leave the password as "password" ) :)

Plus teaching my puppy Lily to "Sick Balls" <---Stand by me is an AWESOME movie!!! "You Guy's wanna see a dead body" ?? too many good quotes from that one!

·
Registered
447 Posts
One hour, one way for my X1 but it was running, complete, and had an upgraded carb for $100. With gas, I probably spent $115.

I drove 2 hours, one way, to pick up a Blata 2.5 for $60. Its' exhaust came in a bag, the body isn't bolted on and it needs a pull cord. With gas I spent $75 which was the original asking price.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Heres a scenery I get to see once a week,,twice a week one time a month along with the Deathtroll...........I love the Deathtroll...Its got a 1300 watt sound system in the cabin that rocks the whole boat.........lol

The Deathtroll....

The littler guys out making a buck too........They wish they could go where we can go to make the real loot...........lol

Heres a vid my brother made and slapped on utube of one of our days on the SusanH......Lots and lots of clams......................lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhiPWesykAE

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Awesome! I watch that show Deadliest catch all the time! Boats / ships are nutz, I do not do too well "on the water" in the water and I'm fine, but my stomach cannot take the rocking and rolling!

So, here is how weird I am CAM!!!

Crazy Boyz MX video, 19 seconds through 28 seconds! :thumbsup: :eek: :thumbsup:

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Awesome! I watch that show Deadliest catch all the time! Boats / ships are nutz, I do not do too well "on the water" in the water and I'm fine, but my stomach cannot take the rocking and rolling!

So, here is how weird I am CAM!!!

Crazy Boyz MX video, 19 seconds through 28 seconds! :thumbsup: :eek: :thumbsup:
LOL.............That was a good day too........Went out for stripped bass and came back with 20lbs of grass...LOL.....I love the water............I grew up on the water....My house was on a canal and it was our backyard...When my parents werent home we had some crazy summers at my house............lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One hour, one way for my X1 but it was running, complete, and had an upgraded carb for $100. With gas, I probably spent $115.

I drove 2 hours, one way, to pick up a Blata 2.5 for $60. Its' exhaust came in a bag, the body isn't bolted on and it needs a pull cord. With gas I spent $75 which was the original asking price.
Heheh I just like the name Blata 2.5, sounds like an Italian exotic or something. What kind of ride do you have if your doing 4hr trips for 15 bucks worth of gas?

Heres a scenery I get to see once a week,,twice a week one time a month along with the Deathtroll...........I love the Deathtroll...Its got a 1300 watt sound system in the cabin that rocks the whole boat.........lol

The Deathtroll....

The littler guys out making a buck too........They wish they could go where we can go to make the real loot...........lol

Heres a vid my brother made and slapped on utube of one of our days on the SusanH......Lots and lots of clams......................lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhiPWesykAE
That is a sweet boat! and the name is even better! What kind of power train does that sport?

I really wished I lived closer to water, like an ocean. I suppose I do have a fairly large river to play on but, bleh, it's nasty nasty. I'm almost certain it's inhabited by 300lb 3 eyed killer cat fish. :/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts