Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi ! I have this old bike sitting in my garage , it starts and runs fine however it needs a new clutch and rear tire ... The fairing is a bit scratch but the bike mecanic is still good either to ride it or to keep for parts ... I was offered 80$ CND for it ... Is this too low ?

I think its already been modifyed but not too sure the air filter is different than the stock one but I dont know if its just the filter itself or the hole carburator thats not stock ...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I got it for 200$ CND ... I was able to ride with it for about 5-6 hrs max ...

Basicly dont pass your pocket bike to your friends lol I passed it twice the first day I got it , one of my friend taped the gas too quick while he was standing over it the bike went up in the air and he was holding it by the handles winding the engine full throttle when he finaly manage to release the gas a bit the bike came slammin down on the ground and the tail broke off ... later that evening I passed it to his cousin and he got a flat tire ... End of story I took the bike shoved it in my garage and it sat there for over 1 year ...

recently my new step brother bought himslef a pocket bike so I decided to bring out mine and repair it ... I had lost all the bolts for the rear tire , brake and even the chain tensioner .. I got new parts from a renovation store lol and repaired it home made , managed to stick a plug on the flank of the back tire ( witch is almost impossible whenever you get a flat on the side of a tire its pretty much done and useless) and it worked ! holded there for one day and came off the rim while I was riding at like 40 km/hr lol suprising feeling let me tell you .. now the tire is finished and to top it off I broke the clutch ... So there you go now I got a bike paid 200 $ had fun for a few hrs and now it needs a new clutch and new rear tire ...

I got myself another brand new bike , I think its worth keeping it to repair it or keep it at least for parts but when I tried to sell it to ppl I know they were not willing to give me more than 80 $ cnd so I was wondering if they were the cheap ppl or I was the crazy one who was sellin it too much lol !

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
I'd say keep it, get the new clutch and rear wheel, then ride the wheels off it .....

You can never have too many bikes - while one is down and being worked on, you have a backup bike all ready to roll. Most everyone on here has at least two bikes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd say keep it, get the new clutch and rear wheel, then ride the wheels off it .....

You can never have too many bikes - while one is down and being worked on, you have a backup bike all ready to roll. Most everyone on here has at least two bikes.
I wish... lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know heeey ... I would have one for each day of the week if I could lol , but thx for the advice I will most probably keep it the more im looking closer the more I think its already modifyed but I may be wrong more pics to come to show you and you guys may be able to tell me more ... I need a helmet and im low on cash so thats why I was looking to sell it but I think I would regret it lol , Thats it ! Im keepinnn that bad boaaay lol !

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Trust me, you'd regret it ..... Like I said, most of us have at least two bikes, except for people like CAM2 and EPR, who are trying to get at least one of everything. CAM2 is actually working on getting together a "Dirty Dozen" 12-pack of fully-modded Cags .....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol yeah my problem is the space to put them and also the time to work on them lol ... Pocket bikes rocks thats all I can say ...

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Hang 'em off the rafters, put 'em on shelves, stick 'em under the workbench (or on top of it, if you're going to be tearing one down) ... You'll find places for them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah thats another one of my project for the week-end make some room and space to be able to work on and store my bikes ... I may buy a pocket dirt bike too just to have fun off road when I go outside the city or during winter ... does anyone own one or tried one ?? Is it worth it ... ??

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
A lot of guys on here have them, and yes, they are fun and worth it. i've been thiking about one myself ....

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I like the 110cc Honda Clone dirt bike, there much bigger than a mini dirt bike. I paid $600 + tax & S/H at MPR. Its got some low end torque. See the front brake it will stand you on your head if your not careful.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Niiiiiice , 600$ US or CND ?? Man im getting one of these for this winter lol now I just have to find a place to store it thats harder when you live in appartement right in the middle of the city with no yard lol , naaaaa I'll find a way , you think my gf would notice it in our room lol ;) hehe and btw how fast does that bike goes and can it jump a bit ??

**Another question too .. On my Repsol pocket bike A2 Full Fairing Cag ( MTA2 ) 49cc all stock parts in a straight strech I went up to max top speed of 31.5 MPH / 51 KM/HR ... Lets say I modify every single possible thing on that bike , how fast could I get it up to after the mods ?? **

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
If your going that fast, I will take $100 of dollars to make it go faster, even 40mph is hard to reach w/ out alot of work.
The dirt bike is now $699 US dollars plus $60 Tax in California, and $80+ shipping. I am sure some one in Canada has a 110cc honda clone dirt bikes. Look on Ebay motors like under Mini Dirt Bikes and start searching for one.
I broke the tail off the ZX1 extreme dirt bike when it came over the top on a wheelie, Yes it will jump, and it flat tracks real nice, you can dump it into the dirt corner and hang the rear out all the way around, then gun it down the straights. It does about 40, 45 stock, I took the 14th front gear off and put a 15 there to gear it up a hair. Has a long stiff rear shock and pretty stiff forks, more than I exspected for $600.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
How can I port my parts and what kind of tools do I need for this .. ?? Is it easy ive never done that before .. if I see its too hard I would just get a brand new complet already modifyed and ported engine ...

( buy one thats already been ported and same for the other parts like carb and intake , performance pipe ) the hole thing basicly and then buy parts like the reed , clutch , chain , pinion , sprocket , gas line and spark plug ... and are we talking about lets say 400 to 500$ or lots more ?? In the end what im wondering is Can I just buy all the same parts that I have on my bike but modifyed ones and install them or there a certain patern that must be followed etc ... I know im a real newb lol ;)

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
hkmotos has a $69, 49cc B/B kit w/ FC crank and 2 pcs alum alloy head w/ changeable compression pieces 12:1 to 17:1 and you can make it higher than that. At 17:1 you need Alcohol for fuel.
You can mod with hand files & sand paper, but I have a 30,000 RPM Dremel electric roto file/grinder. With a separate head & cylinder its easier to mod it. The are only 4 bolts behind the clutch that hold the cases together, its so simple, you can split it with the flywheel off and the clutch on and take it off after you split the cases.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So basicly if I buy that one at 69$ its already been ported ?? All I need to do is replace the engine and thats it ?? And can you post a pic of the tool your talking about or different piece your using to do the porting please ?

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
your speed comes down to your gearing and the rpm's your motor can spin that gearing
a 40cc open kept up with me (kinda) in the straight where i was hitting in the 50s easy
as for keeping the bike yes keep it
im currently at the legal limit allowed by wife but just let me see a deal i can afford and....

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
They have alittle more compression and an extra port or 2, but still need work if you are hungry for horsepower.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts