Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Retired Mod and Racer
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just wondering how much gear most ppl are using, helmet only, full gear (jacket boots gloves helmet sliders) or what combo of gear

·
Registered
91 Posts
i wear a helmet and a jacket. i still need sliders right now... but i still need to accumulate 80 bucks for sliders/new sprocket and chain

·
Retired Mod and Racer
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i also wear full gear, protection aside it gives you confidence to push your bike harder im using a mesh jacket now because of the heat, has good ventilation once it chills i want to pick up a leather one. as far as sliders i like the zocchi's i removed the lower slider on each side so it tucks into my boots

·
Registered
492 Posts
Full gear cheaper than doctor

Me:

Full face helmet

Joe Rocket Gloves

FieldSheer Jacket

Thor Knee/Shin guards

Leather Hi-Tops

Jeans

My Son:

Full face helmet

Joe Rocket Gloves

Thor Chest Protector

Thor Quadrant Elbow Gaurds

Thor Knee/Shin guards

Leather Hi-Tops

Jeans

I've had some bad get-offs (dirt, street, and now PB)
Gear is a must.
I just want to have a good time which is hard to do in the hospital.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I wear full gear
Snell Helmet
leather gloves
Leather jacket
knee pads under jeans
modified knee pads to fit a motorcycle sliding puck
stuffed rags in the shoes for more padding which allows me to ride longer since my feet won't hurt.

·
2-Stroke Tech Expert
2,936 Posts
jsigone said:
I wear full gear
Snell Helmet
leather gloves
Leather jacket
knee pads under jeans
modified knee pads to fit a motorcycle sliding puck
stuffed rags in the shoes for more padding which allows me to ride longer since my feet won't hurt.
I have full gear from head to toe, BUT after taking a narly biff today practicing, it's full gear from now on. Robert's right, there's just no excuse and my excuse was the hot weather (good call).

I got some serious road rash today. Honestly, it didn't hurt when it happened since my adrenaline was going, but now that I'm home, I'm hatin' life and the sh*t hurts like bloody hell, especially after the wife poured peroxide (aka, acid) on my wounds.

OBPR is right too, you totally lack the confidence to ride hard without gear, so it's really pointless to ride without it, IMO.

Hopefully, I'll be all healed up before next weeks BIG race.

Cheers :cool:

·
Registered
814 Posts
i don't skemp out on gear for practice either. Better the leather scuffed up then my leather. Today was a grond breaking day at Amago. For the first time since I owned my cag (june), I didn't crash at all today:p

Did you make it out to AZ for the race? How was it???? We rode with Neil that just moved from AZ, he used to run that track. He's pretty quick on his RSR and is son rides that thing w/o fear too.

·
2-Stroke Tech Expert
2,936 Posts
jsigone said:
i don't skemp out on gear for practice either. Better the leather scuffed up then my leather. Today was a grond breaking day at Amago. For the first time since I owned my cag (june), I didn't crash at all today:p

Did you make it out to AZ for the race? How was it???? We rode with Neil that just moved from AZ, he used to run that track. He's pretty quick on his RSR and is son rides that thing w/o fear too.
No, I didn't go to the AZ race. I was kinda confused about Neil because I know that he races with AZPRA, but he was at Amago, so has he moved or something? Hopefully, he'll be at next weeks event. The more competition, the better.

Congrats on not taking any biffs today, LOL.

I'll see you next week at the race, bruda. Be sure to stop by and say hello.

Cheers :cool:

·
Registered
69 Posts
The X Man wears full gear every time he swings a leg over - without fail. I've had more than my share of get-offs so I fully appreciate the protective qualities of safety dudds. My AGVs will show, I've been down more than a few times - hey, I'd rather the leather take the beating than my own hide. Leather gloves, minimoto kicks and a DOT/Snell lid finish out the ensemble.

X Man

·
Registered
118 Posts
Full gear.

I agree that it gives you confidence to push your bike and your skills to the edge. I am actually somewhat comfortable, now, with crashing. Once you get past your fear of crashing, you can concentrate on improving your skills.

I now wear hot-weather underwear, and that made a BIG difference, Get it at any major sports door.

Roy

·
Registered
44 Posts
Webmaster said:
I always wear full gear. Even during practice. And don't use the excuse "it's too hot" because I know it's hotter here in Arizona. ;)
But it is a dry heat!:rolleyes: :)

Full gear is the only way to go! Gear might be a big initial cost, but it is cheaper than replacing skin and probably feels a lot better too.

I am new to this, but I where my regular bike gear, including a Spidi back protector, cause I know that the ce foam pad in most jackets will not do anything for back protection. Anyone else wear back protection??

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wear back protection. Last Thursday I had a pretty bad crash. It might not have looked bad, but I hit so hard that the shoulder armor in the jacket ripped thru my shirt and cut the top slice of my skin off.

The jacket didn't rip inside or out. I also hit my chest on the bike, and hit my head HARD. Without my gear, I would probably needed a ride to the hospital.

It's worth the investment.

Roy

·
Registered
641 Posts
full 2 piece leathers..CE Armor, Full seperate carbon fiber back protector that goes from neck to tailbone and covers both kidneys, Aria Helmet, carbon/leather gloves

·
Registered
76 Posts
leathers?

i wear leather jacket helmet gloves and boots and knee and shin protector.i have leather 4 sale its size 54 chicane brand new.
Pocket Racer said:
I wear helmet,gloves, and long pants and 2 long sleeve shirts. Checking into leathers soon.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
njfinests said:
i wear leather jacket helmet gloves and boots and knee and shin protector.i have leather 4 sale its size 54 chicane brand new.
Is that a 44 US?
If so send me a PM with a pic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts