Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
You need a 2-10amp 12v car battery charger to jump the engine. That will charge your battery but not start the bike, all the ones I got with my bikes are low amperage 8 to 10 hr chargers, trickle chargers. Your max charge is 3/4 of an amp.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You need a 2-10amp 12v car battery charger to jump the engine. That will charge your battery but not start the bike, all the ones I got with my bikes are low amperage 8 to 10 hr chargers, trickle chargers. Your max charge is 3/4 of an amp.
so that charger won’t work?.. okay, is there any other way to know if its good or dead? i don’t wanna buy a charger right now and try to charge it, but its not gonna work. so i trying to say is, is there any other way to charge the battery without buying a charger? or see if its already charged???????????

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Take you battery to Wal-Mart auto or.... and have them load test your battery.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
They should do it free, then they will try to sell you a new battery. Powersport is a good brand, about $30+. My new X18 china battery lasted 18 months and I kept it charged and everything. I just got a $30, 12v 7 amp hr Gel Battery for it on ebay 2 months ago.
If they say its bad, I would check all your electrical parts to make sure it does not ruin a new battery, have to keep them charged. The hot wire off your starter housing should read 13.7 volts when the engne is running.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
If you cannot properly charge that battery in 10hours or less with your crappy trickle charger the battery is toasted/bad...A digital multimeter is the tool to have in your situation needed to see the charge rate/volts.......If you have one I suggest you learn how to use it...Theres vids all over u-tube showing how.

Before I waste $40 bux on a new battery Id most certainly buy a 10.00 pullstarter first because theres a chance youre gonna have to buy a new carb or a new coil and a sparkplug aswell as fuelline kit to get it running...........Bad carbs and coils are very common..

All my X1's/mini harley engines,,scooter engines have the e-starters removed and gutted aswell as all wiring ,,switches and battery removed to remove unwanted weight...............

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
H/F Tools has voltmeters from $3 to $12, I have a cheap one great for these China bikes. I have a 100amp load test meter, it puts a big load on the battery and tells you if its bad or good. Just cause your battery says 12v, does not mean it has the amps to turn the engine over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.