Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to the forum site, and pocket bikes ;-)
What I have is a x1 it's pretty much stock, it has a zama
C1U carb, cone high flow air filter and a PBU? boost bottle.
All of the electrical stuff is stripped by the previous owner but the bike runs pretty good and has good power on flats it clocked it @ 21mph with gps speedo on my iPhone but it seems to run out of steam going up hill.. I was wondering what would be a good cheap mods to give it a little more tourqe up hill..

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
21mph??????????...You need some work.........Even a brand new stock one out of the box goes faster...

This things hitting 35mph now after mods with my 190lb self on it,,,,,,,38 on a good cool day

From what I know about ZAMA carbs is they come on Echo backpack blowers aswell as weedeaters..........I dont beleive they have one big enough to ever fuel a 43/49cc 2 smoker with any performance and is probably whats hindering you most...

Theres a bunch of things you can do........

Add a true hp carb like a Walbro WT603 or a WT813

Clean up flywheel and pickup coil of any rust and regap to .020".......getting a brand new coil would be even better

New NGK BPM6A Sparkplug gapped to .030"

Decarbonize the exhaust aswell as engine internals

Lighten the flywheel by clipping fins 3/8" to reduce drag

Add a rocket key that advances the timing 10*

remove the head and remove the basegasket

get a better pipe...either a rev or the fatty........Ive tried both and both do work....the fatty is a bit heavier and the performance isnt as good as the rev but it looks cooler....

Decarbonize the exhaust aswell as engine internals like piston and exhaust port;;;;;get a new piston and rings if the old stuffs too worn or shows signs of heavy blow-by

Raise the exhaust port 1/16" - 1/8" and widen the exhaust port 1/8" on each side to enhance scavenging aswell as revs.....

Raise the piston skirt on the exhaust side 1/16" - 1/8" to enhance fuelling

Widen the intake port 1/16" on each side to enhance fuelling and taperbore it slightly outwards

Drill purgeports in head and intake to 1/8"

Lighten the underside of the piston with a dremel

Index the piston on the exhaust side so it eliminates the speedbump at BDC

Wden the transfer ports 1/8" on each side to enhance fuelling,,

Deburr and polish the piston,,piston pin ,,bearing and bearing journal...........

Install the head without a basegasket....Just yamabond it down and give ample time for it to set up[24 hours]

After that your X1 will have good takeoff power aswell as enough power to top out quick and cause you to put a 25 tooth rear sprocket on it to see speeds close to 35-40mph.............Good Luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you think it's the carb? I kind of figured that... Where Is the best price for
That carb?
The bike since I have owned it has had: a new NGK bm6a plug gapped to .026 new gaskets (in between carb boost bottle, and intake) new fuel filter and lines, a new primer ball and I think that's it..
So cam2, one other part of the bike that is suspect is the cvt belt is a little on the worn side.. Could that be slipping while I'm going up hill? How much slack should it have with the motor off??

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
So you think it's the carb? I kind of figured that... Where Is the best price for
That carb?
The bike since I have owned it has had: a new NGK bm6a plug gapped to .026 new gaskets (in between carb boost bottle, and intake) new fuel filter and lines, a new primer ball and I think that's it..
So cam2, one other part of the bike that is suspect is the cvt belt is a little on the worn side.. Could that be slipping while I'm going up hill? How much slack should it have with the motor off??

If you have a CVT trans you have a 49cc X2 and 21mph is even worse now........My X2 went 30 on a fried belt and bad internal clutch drum bearings..........

I think you better remove the trans,,,service the clutch throwout aswell as deglaze the pads/clutchbell.................

Bad belt

Good belt

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
You can get a stock 15mm WYK walbro knockoff carb from ebay for $12 bux shipped or you can get a WT603 for $35.00 and wt813 for $45.00......You can buy a carb adapter for easy installation or mod the stock manifold with jb weld and have to wait a day before trying or using..........

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well th cvt cover is plastic, and my belt looks pretty much like the worn belt above... Yeah I think you are right about the clutch I haven't seen what condition it's in.. it could be shot... I will pull it apart sometime this week and take a look at the clutch drum and pads

1 - 6 of 6 Posts