Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how to make my x18 street legal. do you have to have insurence?, do you have to have plates, do your have to have lights, and age requriments?

Love, Kush

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
it is darn near impossible to do it
if you did, it would have to pass all the same requirements as a full size bike, i had to add alot of things to my 18 to make it safe, and i had to carry insurance and a mc license
then there is the matter of obtining a title under the custom build theory
i got mine before it became too hard

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
it is darn near impossible to do it
if you did, it would have to pass all the same requirements as a full size bike, i had to add alot of things to my 18 to make it safe, and i had to carry insurance and a mc license
then there is the matter of obtining a title under the custom build theory
i got mine before it became too hard
Is that a Hunter in the picture Blitz? Do you do alignments? my C1 always try's to take corners too sharp! think we could "Set the Toe and Let it GO"

You should see the machine Hunter gave to my school! it was really fun to "play" with!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I do not know what state you are in bgra, but in indiana, to be street legal without a license, you must be 49cc or less, 2hp or less, auto trans(NO SHIFTING, semi auto not allowed), max speed on flat level ground 25mph. That is just to start. If you do not meet this, you fall into the motorcycle catagory. (This is not a full list of the rules, there are more)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not as much fun as you think Nick, what you wind up with are a bunch of morons who aquried 3 dui's, rideing down 2 lane, 55mph, state roads on mopeds held together with duct tape and bubble gum at 15 mph.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i thought u didint have a license because it was under 150cc
no its usually a 50cc limit on that, i did my bike as a 110 but they dont know i put a way bigger motor in

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Not as much fun as you think Nick, what you wind up with are a bunch of morons who aquried 3 dui's, rideing down 2 lane, 55mph, state roads on mopeds held together with duct tape and bubble gum at 15 mph.
Dang'it, don't worry, it's not like EVERYONE around here drives HUGE trucks while DrUnK too!

My brother almost got "Hit" the other week on his motorcycle.

Always wear Safety Gear, Except while indoors!

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
Is that a Hunter in the picture Blitz? Do you do alignments? my C1 always try's to take corners too sharp! think we could "Set the Toe and Let it GO"

You should see the machine Hunter gave to my school! it was really fun to "play" with!

excellent eye nick, it is a hunter g111, it still works and i still do alignments with it but the specs in the machine only go to like 04-05 so anything newer than that i hafta look up the specs in mitchell, thats why my laptop is on top of it
thankfully most cars are toe and go
my boss wont get a new machine till i get a new lift too

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i live in illinois right by chicago and my bike is 110cc x18 i went to the curency exchange and they said i can buy plates for it, its $200. but they never told me about liscens or anything that is what i was wondering about

1 - 11 of 11 Posts