Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i bout a mt-a1 used and just dosn's seem to have the power i see in the vids. it dosnt seem to have the power to pull me up a kinda steep hill r get to speed fast. so im thinking the clutch is worn out. how can i sell? also i weigh 120-130 so its not me

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
Disassemble the clutch,,deglaze the drum and pads if the pads are still good then remove the springs and pads then clean up the rust and oxidation from the pad mount holes and shoulder bolts....

A dab of antiseize on the shoulder bolts works wonders..............

If pads are bad get new ones with hp clutch springs and deglaze the drum and rough-up the new pads before installing..............Good luck

·
Registered
21,721 Posts
Hey CAM, do you use sandpaper to deglaze the drum and if so what grit do you use?
Yes I do Nubee....I use 80 grit to get it really scratched up and deglazed.Sometimes I use gum cutter or carb cleaner with the sandpaper...100 grit works good too....The glaze is actually burnt on pad material and when totally removed will leave a dull drum

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes I do Nubee....I use 80 grit to get it really scratched up....100 grit works good too....
cool, I never knew scuffing the drum helps, I always just scuffed the shoes. I have some 60 grit at home I can use gently

new shoes should be here today or tomorrow so the Dandy should jump off the line much better now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts