Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a tip that JMD submitted a while back. Its an airfilter mod that anyone can do on their own. Cost: $10.00.

----------------------

I play with my bike today. polished the intake and exhaust ports on the cylinder. Then I decided to make a K&N style air filter setup. Man this is a VERY EASY and inexpensive mod. I simply bought a $9 valve cover breather filter from Advance auto . Took off the original filter setup off, then the adapter plate and removed the baffle. I then placed the adapter and aligned it to the back side of the filter and drilled holes thru both sides matching the exact carb pattern. Then I bought some #4 metric screws to accomodate the longer filter, placed the adapter back on the carb and bolted the filter to the original holes. The adapter is plastic so it also doubles as a way to seal the filter to the carb. In all when I completed playing today , I was very impressed with the gains. A lot throater sound at idle and lots more mid when the power band comes in. First run I cruised it around almost mid throttle. Then let into it, the bike instantly pulled the front wheel for the first 6-8 feet and reached full throttle way faster.

·
Registered
300 Posts
sounds nice:thumbsup:, do u have a pic of ur new mod

·
Registered
300 Posts
sounds nice:thumbsup:, do u have a pic of ur new mod

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Done this on several bikes. Habe this exact same setup on both of mine. Been there for 5 years. Got my filters from Pep Boys. We use these filters in my shop on transmission vents, rear end vents and fuel cell, tank vent lines.

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Hoss, could you please post up some pictures of this mod, since the OP never did? I wouldn't mind seeing a how-to on it, and I'm sure several other members would, too.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I'm all eyes & ears. EPR!

·
Premium Member
8,578 Posts
Yes, it looks like one of the K&N air cleaners, just real small ....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts