Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an X7 2-stroke. After much reading I decided to upgrade my carb, add a v-stack, and upgrade my air filter. I've installed them and tuned my bike and it runs alot better but I have 2 issues.

1st - The throttle cable is too short now. It has no reflex. So I must turn the throttle back to accelerate and turn the throttle forward to slow down and return to idle. Any ideas on how to fix this? Is there supposed to be a spring like on the stock one cause it wasn't included with the kit. I've seen some come with one and some without.

2nd - I seem to be leaking alot of gas where the air filter meets the v-stack. I took the filter off to see what was going on and gas drips out of the v-stack from the carb. Any idea why and how can I fix it?

At this point I am frustrated and ready to just sell it. Seems like the X7 4-stoke I picked up will be less hassle then these 2-strokes. Thank you in advance for any help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
90% sure it's the cable at this point. With the cabe being so tight it is prob. stuck partially open. and that's where the gas is comming from. You might try getting one that is a bit longer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts