So my pullstart wont pull

if i pull slow it will come out fully

if i pull fast it will come a intch and lock up it hurt my hand

so what the prob and how do i fix is need help asap

will listen to any idea

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Does it make your rear tire turn when you pull hard?...If so check out your clutch spring......If not check out your coil to make sure its not loose...If its tight and the gap is good have a look at your cylinder through the exhaust port with a flashlight

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
some pullstarters seize if you pull them upwards, try pulling the string at a 45 degree angle to the back. I wear a welding glove because my cag has alot of compression and it hurts my hands, just gotta put some muscle into it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i ask a repair guy he fix up quad and x18s go karts go ped scotter everything told him and my pull start locking up and he said that it the engine is locking up

But cam what should i look for when i open it can i get pics

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
I had a 5hp B&S motor that i locked up. Not once but 2 times. I removed the spark plug and put some mystery oil in it and let it sit for 2 days and itapped it with a rubber mallet it freed up my poston. The 2nd time it locked up (about 25hrs of mudding and road drifting) i removed the jug and replaced the rings and barrings and rehomed the jug. But its a completely different motor than what your working with. So ill just do wht CAM2 and EPR(aka 2stroke engine masters) says. :)

Could it be just your pull start locking up and not your motor?

And we are talking about your cateye bike right?

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
ok also how do i make my my ful lines soft the super hard (that what she said haha :)
and i cant get them on the carb nipple wat do i do
goto the parts store and get fuel line that will slip tight over it. you dont need much.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Yep, new line, and a filter, the China stuff gets hard and then clogs your carb. I use small engine gas line inlet .125" ID, around 3mm and .090" ID, 2.25mm ID for the return line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.