Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new to pocket bikes. I just bought a couple of used 2.5's this past November. I stripped one down and customized if for my 10 year old boy for x-mass and kept the other for my self. I'm finding that this is getting to be a little addicting, and we don't even race.

Anyway, I'm looking into doing a hydraulic brake setup. I know it doesn't need it, but I like to trick things out. Any suggestions on parts or brackets? Here's a pic of my boys bike after the rebuild. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Welcome to pbp. :) thats a really nice bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new to pocket bikes. I just bought a couple of used 2.5's this past November. I stripped one down and customized if for my 10 year old boy for x-mass and kept the other for my self. I'm finding that this is getting to be a little addicting, and we don't even race.

Anyway, I'm looking into doing a hydraulic brake setup. I know it doesn't need it, but I like to trick things out. Any suggestions on parts or brackets? Here's a pic of my boys bike after the rebuild. Thanks.
I started racing in 2006 with the mini and I used the brake wire .... then the power of the bike has increased significantly and manufacturers (in Italy) have begun to equip the bikes with hydraulic brakes.
Today in 2013 I removed the hydraulic brakes (and many drivers are doing it) because we believe that you can not run well the bike in the corners and, more often than not give problems (in runway length) of overheating and oil braking material making braking too long.

I were you lascierei those brakes and imarerei to use them as little as possible =)

sorry for my English but I am Italian and I use a translator

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Hmmm interesting Idro... Do the pads run out quicker also?? Never had em on any of my bikes.. (Besides my real 600)...

So maybe one good thing about hydrolic brakes... They stop on a dime... ;)

N!ps

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
Personally I think hydro or cable breaks depends on what kind of response you prefer.. I use hayes nine twin piston hydro brakes on the back, and hayes 6 twin piston mechanical break on the front. Theyre designed for mountain bikes but the brackets fit most pocket bikes. I will be putting them on my GRC RSR resto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.