Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I took it out for a test run, as soon as I was about to shift to 2nd, it just started bogging down. So to keep it running, I basically had to feather the throttle to keep it going. ??? And ,to make matters worst, since the air/fuel mixture screw is on the underside pointing downward, made it painfull to tune while either running or motor being hot.Oh, and did I mention, the a/f screw broke (not stripped) but actually almost split in half. And just cant seem to find anyone that carries that screw. :(
The carb is a Mikuni 26mm with the manual choke.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
when I took it out for a test run, as soon as I was about to shift to 2nd, it just started bogging down. So to keep it running, I basically had to feather the throttle to keep it going. ??? And ,to make matters worst, since the air/fuel mixture screw is on the underside pointing downward, made it painfull to tune while either running or motor being hot.Oh, and did I mention, the a/f screw broke (not stripped) but actually almost split in half. And just cant seem to find anyone that carries that screw. :(
The carb is a Mikuni 26mm with the manual choke.
I don't understand how the air/fuel screw "split in half" but it is what it is. The first thing you need to do before anything else is pull the carb and remove and replace the air screw. The air screw adjustment plays a critical role in how the engine starts, idles and accelerates from idle.

Here's where you can get parts :
VM20-VM34 Flange Mount Parts

·
Registered
355 Posts
dude! thats an awesome site!
Yup, good resource, they bailed me out of a bad situation a while back. I purchased some oddball Mikuni air screws years ago for my GS1100. The soft brass OEM Suzuki air screw slots always strip out, and Suzuki would not allow you to buy just the air screw ! :mad: The tech guy from Motorcycle Carbs asked me what bike, what carbs, and what length in mm my OEM screw was an bam ! a week later I have a perfect match replacement air screw !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for the awsome help, i'm looking @ that site right now. hopefully i'll have more luck than I did this weekend trying to hunt down that screw. Had a few close calls,but it was just the store clerk just telling me they had it just to get me into the store...even in vegas ,I guess. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts