Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would get this if i had anywhere to ride...... but all i have is about 1/2 acre of grass that i have to be gentle on.

ever since some lady called the cops my riding has been done.....

looks to have a tecumseh 2 stroke. i have a similar engine that i gotta rebuild when i get a chance.

4hp 2 stroke Mini Bike

Attachments

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Get it anyway - you can always start searching for parking lots. Plus it's an unusual bike - even if you don't ride it, you can put it on the shelf in the garage as a "trophy" bike.

·
Señor Member!
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont have the money too.... forgot to add that.

i invested $100 into a bigger engine to put in my avatar bike... still need another $100 for a clutch that fits on a 1" diameter crankshaft and withstands 8 HP.

i think that anything i get has to be off road because theres no open asphalt anywhere near me... (got kicked off the last parking lot) and any place ive found has been grass/woods/dirt roads.

the bike in my avatar with the 6.5 HP clone curently, can pull me up a hill in the woods at over 20 MPH...

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Get it anyway - you can always start searching for parking lots. Plus it's an unusual bike - even if you don't ride it, you can put it on the shelf in the garage as a "trophy" bike.
Ha Ha..Trophy bike...........Well seeings were on the subject of trophy bikes heres mine but its not gonna sit on a shelf.................

Some dude thought this was a badazz ride spouting his mouth off at the nearby cruise n ride about this cag he paid $60 bux for and was sitting on..........I couldnt resist so I ask him "What makes it so special?"

He says its lightning fast......So I say I have a few and that the bike he's riding isnt anything special and such so he says too bad your junk isnt here to put up.........

That was it...........Seeings I couldnt fit on my Zenoah powered cag or my Polini right now I went home and threw this bad boy in the back of the blazer......My Monster X1........The blur in the background above the rear tire is a cat being chased by my pitbull.........lol

Went back and walked up again with a grin.....He looks at me and says "Wheres your crap? I said in the truck "What you want to race for?"He said;-"Bike for bike...........I went to the back of the blazer and pulled the X1 out......Everyone was like .....Youre gonna lose";-to the other dude.......

Well he lost even with a head start and his four day owned and bought for $60 2011 Cag went in the back of my Blazer beside my X1 and now its on my hobby table being ripped apart..........................lol

·
Trained Chimp
364 Posts
Cam2 I love it. You and I would get along great. I love taking other peoples toys like that. I usually offer to sell it back to them. For double. Roflmao. That guy sounds like he was a total tool.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
That's one way to get someone to shut up .... bet he was ****ed, too. Did you get him on a straight-line drag, or once around the parking lot?

Oh, and I have to ask: did yer pitbull catch the cat? :p

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
one thing that stands out.....

that chain guard is UGLY.
+1 on that, Blue .... Me, I'd wind up stripping the entire bike down, right to the frame, then getting rid of everything I didn't absolutely need before diving into the engine. And I'd definitely make a custom chain guard for it while I had it torn down .....

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Yes, but did you all notice the Huge! "Legit" hahah VIN / Import plate?

hahah China, you guys crack me up!

Good job Cam, I usually wouldn't do that, but people NEED to be shown a thing or two every now and then.

I once won a bike, an air cooled cag, vs my water cooled tuned C1, hahah I made him hand over the bike,
let him get about three steps, and said, Hey dude! he stopped, waiting for some "Trash Talk"
I said come get your bike, I don't have any room for it at my house (a big fat lie) Then I told him,
come on down to PBP, and I will help you make it harder for me to beat you next time!

He actually did! hehe...

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
All depends on how big a jerk the guy was being at the time ..... If it was a kid that simply didn't know any better, I'd give him his ride back, and basically do what Nick did - tell him to come here and hang out with guys who tune the hell out of these things. If he was being a real PITA, THEN I'd say screw him and keep it.

Actually, what I'd like to do is get one of the new 2011 Cags, and go through the engine a lot, do a bunch of upgrades, new exhaust, but leave all the stock fairings on it. I think it would make a nasty little "sleeper" ... Maybe even get some trashed fairings to put on it - big crack in the front fairing, tail section broken off, busted chain guard .... "Yah, doesn't look like much - I dumped it a while back, just got it running again a few days ago ..." Uh-huh .... Of course, to someone not in the know, they'd look at the bike and figure it was an easy score. Then, since the bike would pretty much have a full-on race motor in it .... oh, yeah, fun times, daddy-o.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
I'm looking at a trick CAM2 is doing ... he's throwing a 50cc Zenoah scooter engine into a Cag frame. And I also have one of those engines and a spare frame laying around .....

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
All depends on how big a jerk the guy was being at the time ..... If it was a kid that simply didn't know any better, I'd give him his ride back, and basically do what Nick did - tell him to come here and hang out with guys who tune the hell out of these things. If he was being a real PITA, THEN I'd say screw him and keep it.

Actually, what I'd like to do is get one of the new 2011 Cags, and go through the engine a lot, do a bunch of upgrades, new exhaust, but leave all the stock fairings on it. I think it would make a nasty little "sleeper" ... Maybe even get some trashed fairings to put on it - big crack in the front fairing, tail section broken off, busted chain guard .... "Yah, doesn't look like much - I dumped it a while back, just got it running again a few days ago ..." Uh-huh .... Of course, to someone not in the know, they'd look at the bike and figure it was an easy score. Then, since the bike would pretty much have a full-on race motor in it .... oh, yeah, fun times, daddy-o.

Oh he was an arrogant one Id say about 28/29 years old and was only out the $60bux he paid for it plus he picked the terms of the race;-"Not me."........Definately no kid and definately not someone I want hanging out at my house.......Ha ha you guys gotta give me more credit than that.........lol

In any race theres a risk and if I would of lost I would of ponied up the X1....It was a free bike to me and the engine work was just time and the exhaust w/rocket key cost me $28.20..........

As far as the sleeper its been considered but the engine is only 40mm's and the Zenoah cag w/2 piece cylinder is the same 40mm's so im thinking matching 14:1 two piece headkit engines are in order

Beleive me when I say that you dont really want a brand new cag...........Its more cheaply made than the 2005 models...The frame tubing is way thinner so is the exhaust.;.;.The heat guard snapped off,,,the upper engine mount snapped off too already and the handlebars dont stay tight plus the steel gastank leaks everywhere.............Im thinking of buying another beefier frame w/ aftermarket clip-ons and swap everything over

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
plus the steel gastank leaks everywhere..
How did they make it Cam? two pieces (die stamped?) pressed / folded / welded together? Or is there some amazing Chinese trick I have not learned yet???

I say go for it, I doubt you would end up making it worse! Plus, I'm ready to learn some more new tricks from you, as if I haven't already "learned enough" stuff to feel like I owe you some tuition for the education.

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
I don't like the new gas tanks, anyway ... I'd rather have one of the older plastic ones with the mounting tabs so I could hardmount it right to the frame. Yah, the metal seems to be getting thinner on the newer frames, doesn't it? My buddy has a couple of them, and they just don't seem as substantial as the older frames.

I'd do a straight-line drag, just down to the other end of the parking lot and back. I got most of my bikes set up for top end. :) Glad to hear you set his timing back a few notches ... sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
How did they make it Cam? two pieces (die stamped?) pressed / folded / welded together? Or is there some amazing Chinese trick I have not learned yet???

I say go for it, I doubt you would end up making it worse! Plus, I'm ready to learn some more new tricks from you, as if I haven't already "learned enough" stuff to feel like I owe you some tuition for the education.
Its pretty much a 2 piece die stamped but a 4 piece welded together design............the stain around the filler neck is where its leaking from.............The steel is so cheap it rusts even if you sneeze on it................

The carb has epoxy coating the floatbowl screws and they changed the mainjet design aswell turning a POS carb into an even bigger POS..........I didnt even waste any time on it...I just chucked it...............lol

Nick:...The only people I charge for an education are the ones looking to be taught a lesson on the tarmac...............lol...I seldom race for free................I need loot for my habit;-besides racing fuel isnt cheap.......lol

SpyGuy: I like the plastic tanks better myself after viewing this repugnant specimen..............lol

Seeings how super cheaply this cags made it just may go on the shelf after-all before it rusts away in a matter of months..................lol

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
Yank the engine, wheels, brakes, fairings, and the front end for spare parts, toss the frame and the tank. Gawd, I hate those new tanks ..... they truly suck. Every one I've worked with has leaked at some point or another.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts