Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
If youre looking for a cheap upgrade thats the engine...Good price....If youre looking for one that can be raced...You need a different configured 125...One with the clutchbasket on the secondary shaft.You can tell those by the clutch arm being near the oil filler...................Good Luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If youre looking for a cheap upgrade thats the engine...Good price....If youre looking for one that can be raced...You need a different configured 125...One with the clutchbasket on the secondary shaft.You can tell those by the clutch arm being near the oil filler...................Good Luck
Ty for the reply and no I won't be racing it but I do ride daily for an hour or two what exactly does a clutch basket do?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Ty for the reply and no I won't be racing it but I do ride daily for an hour or two what exactly does a clutch basket do?
It holds the clutch discs and can be mounted on the crank or secondary shaft depending on what manufacturer the engine is based off of......

That engine has the clutch mounted to the crankshaft...That means that it cannot be kickstarted with the bike in gear with clutch handle pulled if it stalls out...Youll have to find neutral and then start it up......

A GPX based engine can be started in any gear ..........

That engine is more than fine for regular riding..............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.