Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never owed a pocket bike before so not even sure what I got so if someone could help me this need a lot of work and parts and so far can't find anything so this must be an older pocket bike

·
Registered
406 Posts
Definitely load up some pictures. We can help you out. Especially if it's just a Chinese pocket bike. We pretty much just dial in what engine you have in to eBay or Amazon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ebay is your source for parts on the cheap/budget, search "x1 pocket bike parts", that has most everything you need except body/fairing parts, those are about extinct as far as I know. Good luck.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try internet search for x1,x2,or cat-eye fs509 for your body parts, you may find tank cover or other odd part. Your profile pic look like the bike were trying to reserect now, our only had the fuel tank cover that was salvageable, we've been calling it a cat-eye, it's close either way. We're going naked on this build, I'll do a complete write up in the mid-bike forum in the next day or so..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and I have most of the plastic but just wanted it to look good I don't have the bracket for the head lights or the wiring for any of it

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nice bike. One of my friends used to have an X1, somebody had painted it almost Mystic. But anyway they are a nice size when you're over 6 foot tall.
Keep checking your local for sale apps and Facebook Marketplace. Every once in awhile I see those things come up for sale, the Plastics that is

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
can someone that has a wiring harness out so I can order the right one and a key switch

·
Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
All you need is a kill switch!! I take all of the wiring off and throw it in the trash .

·
Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
it's definitely nice to reclaim that .6 horsepower on a 3.5 horsepower motor

·
Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
Yes when those two wires are connected together it turns off the spark and kills the engine everything else is for novelty my neighbor built his light kit out of all LED lighting for full size sport bikes and then powered it off of one of those cell phone USB battery packs he used the front part of an LED flashlight and epoxying into the headlight housing and it made the headlight actually function and it lights up the road unlike the stock headlight they're just there for novelty

( It's still illegal for him to ride on public roads but cool)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts