Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used cag and it has a performance carb on it and when I put gas in it it flows out really quickly. I read about the bowl or something but I am not sure what to do. Also I took out the throttle cable and a spring and metal thing came out and I dont know how to put it back together, please help me!!

Attachments

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
That's a 14/14 Dell SHA copy carb from China. The end of the cable goes thru the spring sometimes it works to go in from outside the spring near the top then into the middle. It took me 3 trys to get mine to work at all, not my favorite carb. The cable end hooks into the rectangle slide, the is a slot run the cable into the slot and pull the piston down till it hooks into place. It's hard to explane, I have 3 of them carbs. Take the bowl off the bottom, take the float off, check the needle that stop gas from coming out of the tank. Check you float level, you have to bend a tap to change the height of the float. If it is too high, fuel will leak out the over flow tube. The main jet is about the only adj you can make other than the idle screw.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks, bvut what about the metal thing that popped out before the spring. I have no clue where it goes its golden

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it doesnt have a needel like that. Its a metal piece that is bent on both sides. Anyway which way should I bend the float, up or down?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Yeah, no needle, just a slide that blocks the bore, don't know about a metal piece. That brass tube that runs thru the bore on the back side has 2 holes , 2 sizes, the main jet is at the bottom. When you lift the slide with the throttle cable, air goes by and sucks gas thru the main jet, up the tube, out the holes, that's it. About as simple as it gets. If its too rich, smaller jet and so on.
Turn on the gas and fill it, then you take the bowl off, try not to spill gas so you can see how much is inside. To lower the level, adj it so the float is higher in the air with it upside down. Also it could be the needle above the float is not shutting off the gas when its full, so gas keeps running all the time and so it comes out the over flow and all over. It has a good alum manifold, easy to put a boost brass barb fitting in the top. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts