Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new carb for my 49cc cateye, but all it does is idle then when I give it gas and sit on it, it is very weak and bearly drives me. If I pick it up it spins the wheel. I I tuned it 2.5 turns out. Any ideas? Is it a bad clutch?

·
Registered
346 Posts
My old cag dirtbike did that when I kept running it with a broken clutch spring. To be honest I have no idea why, and I didnt tell the kid I sold it to.

·
Registered
61 Posts
adjust that screw 1/4 turn in either direction and see if it helps i had the same problem when i first got my x8, also make sure there are no cracks or kinks in the fuel line cause its definitly an air/fuel issue

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried adjusting the screw but it still has no power. Even when I pick up the wheel off the ground it is a lot slower than it should be. What is the proper adjustment for the top needle, 1 1/8 turns? Also could it be that my fuel lines are too small? Would a crack in the fuel lines do this?

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Don't know to much about the top screw, never messed with mine, but the High Speed, should be around 1 1/2 to 2 turns out.
A black dry plug means its alittle rich, if the engine gets to much gas on a two stroke, it can drown out the engine, with not enough air it won't burn right.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
I tried adjusting the screw but it still has no power. Even when I pick up the wheel off the ground it is a lot slower than it should be. What is the proper adjustment for the top needle, 1 1/8 turns? Also could it be that my fuel lines are too small? Would a crack in the fuel lines do this?
The factory setting is 1 1/2 turns out but you may have to twist it to 1 3/4 turns out then readjust your hsn and idle....Its also good to get a new NGK plug # BPM6A gapped to .030"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.