Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its been a while since both of my Cags have been running... I was pulling the pull start on the red one and the whole thing ripped apart. On the black one I installed the new Carb. But when I start the back it Vibrates really hard like its getting to much gas but when you try to ride it goes no where. Can somebody tell me why this is happening, I really want to get both bikes running again. I wish there was somewhere local I could go

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
On the black bike, check the clutch, based on the description this might be a good place to start...

as for the pull start, I'll try to track down the thread I've seen before, but, be careful that spring can be dangerous until it's all installed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No for the pull start that needs to be replaced, I know for a fact, its in 2 different pieces ,half on the bike half on the floor lol. My question is for the black bike. I never touched the clutch. The only think that happen to the bike bike was I installed a aftermarket exhaust, had to add aftermarket Air filter, while installing the air filter, the screws messed up the carb and I had to get a new one. I installed the new carb and now when I start it it sounds like a it is ideling at 10000 rpm. and vibrates so hard it slides across the floor. I need to know what I did wrong on the carb install

·
Hooligan
8,578 Posts
When you installed the cable on the black bike, was the top of the carburetor hard to screw on? It could be you didn't have the throttle slide all the way down inside the carburetor ...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At first I did not have it all the way in. I went back and tighten it back down and also the cable. It relaxed it a little but not much.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i had to loose the throttle cable adjustment on the bar to get mine to rev right

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Make sure the piston in the carb is not in backward, that will raise it way up, and only have a revving engine w/ no control. It could also be some of the fixes the other guys told above also. The black piston should be at the bottom at idle. if it is way up is Wrong.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
If you have a good spring and pully, I take 3ft rope, just tie a knot, wind the new rope by hand and push it passed the inside case & pully w/ a ice cream stick, run it out the case hole. Wind up the spring some, till 6" is hanging out, put the handle on tie a knot, let go, its spring loaded & ready to go. If there is still loose rope, tie the knot farther down the rope.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts