Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still deciding to get an X19 or not, as my mother (-.-) doesn't agree with me. She says it is a waste of $650 on a chinese made piece of junk. For those of you who own X15's, X18's, or X19's, could you tell me if they are worth it, how long they last, and if you regret buying one? Thanks.

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
for what you get its worth it
they last as long as you can fix it
love my bikes

·
NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNIS
1,278 Posts
Well to be honest I made the mistake of buying one brand new for my first bike and then I got 3 more used if I could change it I would go used and take the money saved to make it your own bike with the upgrades u want they are fairly easy to fix and maintain and parts a really cheap if u do break something by cheap I mean more than a gas r/c car but way less than a full size bike the only actual prob i had with my new bike was the carburetor always had probs so that was my first upgrade other than that they seem like they will last a while i have a 06 x18 that is still all stock down to the fuel lines and tires and i can tell it was ridden quite often so that's a good sign they are cheap Chinese bikes but for the same type of bike but was Japan made would b around 2+k they way i c it i love these bikes tho and don't regret it at all

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i got all mine brand new and i prefer that because you get to see how its properly asembled
a used bike could have been put together by an idiot and you wouldnt know if you never seen a new one

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
i got all mine brand new and i prefer that because you get to see how its properly asembled
a used bike could have been put together by an idiot and you wouldnt know if you never seen a new one

Wait, Blitz.... Now when would something like an idiot putting a bike together wrong happen? I do NOT believe you! :D:thumbsup:

As if the China DuDez do it right all the time, I have a copy of the factory's assembly instructions:

Wheels on the bottom, should probably spin, and have some type of air in them.

Frame in the middle and should have some bolts

Engine in frame, chain close to both.

brakes bolted on and sort of bled.

start the engine for 1 second.

Sell it to some silly American! :p

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
maybe cags are that simple, mids are not
what if an axle adjuster was 'rigged' say

·
1,278 Posts
ya know your right I never thought of it that way especially when most of these bikes especially on c list are owned by kids or people who aren't really mechanically inclined much
good point I only got one just for the hell of it altho now im hooked on them there really a lot of fun and help with setting up a real bike a bit

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
well lucky for you, you got a new one to reference
so now your good so to speak
i see posts like 'i bought this bike and im not sure what it is and its missing a few parts' and im thinking dude you just wasted your money
then again, those are the posts i look for o C list muh ahahaha

·
1,278 Posts
Same here I bought my first one new and have had 6 others

now just 4 total and paid as much as 200 and as little as 35 for all of em and they all ran and drove I love those deals

then u got other people who paid 1200+ for them and want 900 for a used one cuz they got stroked its so funny how the prices of these things are so across the board there are so many listed on c list in my area I could literally buy and sell them and have a different bike every other week lol fun hobby tho I have yet to find one around here with anything other than stock parts tho absolutely no mods

·
1,278 Posts
DuDeZ, Lets start a thread for "drgnprelude's" Kelly Blue Book Value of used PocketBikes. :p
if these things end up being like I've been with cars since I was 13 then wow duno I've had well over 150 cars in 20 years that I can think of I just do all I can to them then get boared with it I guess and move onto the next project including bikes boats motorcycles atvs ect but I have never owned a truck and this whole times that's what I could really use lol I plan on keeping at least the green one for a long time anyways for my son to grow into it

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
but I have never owned a truck and this whole times that's what I could really use lol I plan on keeping at least the green one for a long time anyways for my son to grow into it
You know the secret already, Hauling anything but a$$ is boring! And YES I mean hauling chicks, or driving FAST!

I wish I would have started with engines before I was 25! dang'it, All I learned before that was CoMpUTERS!

Cars are worth more money in today's market, nobody wants to pay a DuDe
$90 per hour if their car is not broken and they are not "Stranded" :(:thumbsup:

·
1,278 Posts
Ya no one is ever happy to see me or wants to b at my shop and they just don't understand the pricing I mean they gladly pay a electrician with let say a 260 a month truck payment and maybe a few hundred dollars worth of tools 100+dollars a hour or the same fir a plumber but just my scanner alone is 10k plus 1200 evary couple of months to update not to mention well well over 30 in just tools hell my tool. Box cost more than any car I have ever purchased lol

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
my shop stays so busy it pees meeoff, people cant affford a new car so they gotta fix the one they have

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
my shop stays so busy it pees meeoff, people cant affford a new car so they gotta fix the one they have
Well Thanks for rubbing it in Blitz! :thumbsup: :p :thumbsup:

I still do O.K. as in I am not Starving, and my internet is still on!

·
Ninja Racer
2,767 Posts
i used my time 'away' to learn cars, i learned the pc because it used to matter if you got 20 fps or 45 fps in the game i played, so i did the tim the tool man approach and tweaked, overclocked and all that geeky stuff
dude today accuweather said it was a real feel of 118 degrees today, i was in it 9 hrs

·
1,278 Posts
i hear ya there my shop is like a sauna lol i got a/c in the office tho lol check out this thermometer just sitting on my box today and tommorow is gonna b worse granted my box is in the hottest corner in the shop near the compressor room WP_001478.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts