Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the X1s I am restoring is missing the treaded bushing from the starter motor. Without it you cannot mount the pull start even after stripping the magnets etc. Anyone have a dead starter that that they can part the busing out of?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,162 Posts
Yea that's the center spline that's in the starter windings. If you have the starter windings put it in a vise motor side up (small side of spline)spray it with WD-40 put a socket about the same size as it is and knock it out of the starter windings. Use for spacer ( bushing) for the pull start.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Which motor do you have? The motor with the Gsmoon pull start or another? No I dont just wanting to clear up what your looking for and so you get the right spline theres 2 or 3 different one's.
He has the center part ...From what I can remember he had problems getting the e-starter off because he was missing this piece that has the threads...........

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Geezzs as many as I've taken apart I never knew the spline was a 2-piece unit.
Hahaha that makes 2 of us. I thought it was 1pc. I have yet to remove all the copper stuff off of mine. I glad CAM2 was there to save the day. :)

CAM2 needs to be a admin of the site.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I did not know either. I left the whole thing off and modded the paw to fit the taper on the end of the crank. My electric housing and stuff is new, put it in a box.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.