Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know much about them, but from what I've seen on this forum its a cag or a gio, can anyone ID this positivly for me?

Thanks in advance,
Nate

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks N!pps, is that an actual your not certain or is it sarcasim?

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Not 100% but pretty sure... It could be a F1. I'm sure someone here can let you know for sure. Google it!

N!ps

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
googled it... frame looks dead on to an F2... Id like to know some more info if anyone can help.

what I know is that its a 49cc, needs some stuff, as you can tell, guy I'm buying it off of says a new fuel shut off valve and some bolts for the back rim, picked it up for 50 bucks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks N!ps, part of me wonders if its a smaller cag or something tho.

these bikes and engines can use cag parts right? because I cant find anything on ebay for a "Daymak F2"

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Don't know much about them, but from what I've seen on this forum its a cag or a gio, can anyone ID this positivly for me?

Thanks in advance,
Nate
It is a Giovanni F2 but its also known as an MT-A2 full fairing Cagllari Midimoto..You might want to checkout BigMotorsport..There are also minimotos but they have 4" and 5" rims like my watercooled Polini 910 Carrena

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, how am I going to tell teh difference between a 47 adn a 49cc?

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
You can tell whether its a 43cc(40mm) or 49cc(44mm) either by the headfins or using a tywrap to gauge the piston size by clipping the tip...arrowing it out,,rolling piston to bdc then with tywrap end touching on opposite side of cylinder,,roll cylinder up to tdc to pinch the tywrap then roll the piston back to release the tywrap then measure from tip to the pinch........Most Giovanni stuff comes 49cc.....Good Luck

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
Cam always saves the day... I think any pocket bike is worth 50 bucks.... lol When I have 50 bucks...

;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha, well i paid 70 for that cat eye you seen N!ps, right now im not at home and i want something to tinker with, plus i think a cat eye and a cag are 2 differnet beasts.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Welcome aboard, you need to look online PB Parts in Florida has picture icons of bikes and engines for parts. Find your engine or bike and click on it.
Cateye and MTA2 Cag.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sweet, thx epr, and thanks for the pm. been looking on there since i got the cat eye, its just the shipping to canada kills, so ill have to do a log of all I need and make a big order to make it worth it.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
I have the same problem when I get parts from Tsun in Canada to the US. You don't have to buy from them, learn what parts you need and look under Ebay Canada for Parts. Try 49cc Pocketbike Parts for the Cateye, and 47cc mini pocketbikes, or MTA2 pocketbike parts, or Giovanni F2 pocketbike parts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ya i could just use ebay, and probably will for alot of things, but I like the idea of shopping in one spot haha.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts