Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, My names devan and im living in Parma, Ohio. I recently just have received a pocket bike that from my research is an x12 110cc 4 stroke( i think ), It has 4 speed transmission but there isnt a clutch? Most of the new ones i see they have a clutch lever. Its missing ALOT of stuff, In the pictures i am going to post you will see. It Ran decent when i got it i rode it only twice until the throttle cable snapped. Ignition is totally missing, No lights, There is no front cover, Pegs are all bent out of shape, the wireing is all cut and hacked to hell, Shifting gears is ridiculously hard to downshift and upshift. What type of gear oil am i supposed to have in there, im going to start with all new fluids, and i want to get the electric start to be working again. The speedo has been cut aswell from the harness But i would like to get that working too. As for the bike itself does anyone have the actual manual to this bike .pdf form? Or even a wireing diagram. That would help so much in this rebuild process, Here are my pictures of this poor bike.

Ive been cleaning and trying to find the missing parts. Exhaust has been sanded and painted. the plastic i am repainting and filling in the cracks.
Ive cleaned the carb, Checked the brakes, both bleeder valves are stripped, does anyone have an idear on how to fix that without getting a whole caliper?Tested the starter sounds great no grinding . How do i go about to charging the battery? there is a plug in the back of the battery tray with a posi and negative cable so i am assuming that would be where a charger is inserted!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Pitbike (motorcycle) oil... 4 stroke 10w40 go to a motorcycle shop or get Valvoline at a parts store. Maybe you're missing a clutch is the shifting is hard... I'd get it running first. dont know if pocket bikes have owner manuals lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
X12's come mostly 70cc semi-auto..There are 50cc full auto versions aswell..............
So is this not a x12 then? I found a few online with the same plastics that is a x12, Mines a 4stroke 110cc right? But there was no clutch to begin with. left handle was front brake and the right handle was back break. the clutch would be in the left lever right..

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
So is this not a x12 then? I found a few online with the same plastics that is a x12, Mines a 4stroke 110cc right? But there was no clutch to begin with. left handle was front brake and the right handle was back break. the clutch would be in the left lever right..
oh its an x12...The chance of it being any higher than 70cc is unlikely unless someone popped a 110cc engine on it

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The head and cylinder look to small and short to be a 107cc. Looks more like a 70cc.

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
A low amp trickle charger is optimal for charging a chinese battery...if you have a regular battery charger you must charge the battery on no higher than 2 amps and you must monitor the charge or youll burn-up the battery....BatteryTender trickle/storage chargers are the best,,,,,,,,my trickle chargers come with a pigtail you install onto the battery for life and gets routed towards the nose for easy hook-up

The engine uses 10w/40 4T 4 stroke motorcycle engine oil...crankcase capacity is 3/4 of a full qt.........

Sparkplug is NGK C7HSA gapped between .023"-.027"

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The size of the cylinder should be cast into the lower part of the cyld where it bolts to the eng block.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.