Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this bike up a while back and rode it with my nephew some last summer and fall. I think it is an X1 but not completely susre

Last fall ran ok was hard to start on occasion but other than that was ok. I was lazy and didnt prep it to sit over the winter and now it is a bear to start and will idle fine and will rev just fine but no power to move when i am on it, even if i let it warm up for a bit. Is this a carb issue or should I be looking at something else(besides loosing 20 lbs)

Thanks for any help

Travis

·
Registered
82 Posts
looks Like An X-1 forsure.
If it doesnt have A lot of power the carb and air filter may need to be cleaned.
But if it runs and idles fine I dont think itd be a carb problem,
unless you weigh more than 2000 pounds it shouldn't make Much of a difference.

What type of gas mixture are you using?
&
Did you leave old gass in there all winter?

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
I picked this bike up a while back and rode it with my nephew some last summer and fall. I think it is an X1 but not completely susre

Last fall ran ok was hard to start on occasion but other than that was ok. I was lazy and didnt prep it to sit over the winter and now it is a bear to start and will idle fine and will rev just fine but no power to move when i am on it, even if i let it warm up for a bit. Is this a carb issue or should I be looking at something else(besides loosing 20 lbs)

Thanks for any help

Travis
Drain the tank and make a new mix..Premium fuel mixed to 40:1..........Clean the in-tank filter and reinstall it

Change the sparkplug.....NGK BPM6A gapped to .030"

Check to make sure the carb is mounted tight............

Remove the highspeed needle from the side of the carb;-dont lose the washer,,o-ring or spring...........

Take carb cleaner with a snorkle straw on the sprayer tip and stick the straw into the highspeed needle hole,,crack the throttle wide open and spray 2-3 3-5 second bursts into the carb then reinstall the needle to 1 1/2 turns out.......

For the start-up problem you may need to bump up the lowspeed needle a bit richer.......Its set with epoxy and must be re-epoxied to prevent the needle setting from wandering from engine vibes if you do adjust it....................

Pull the fancover off and remove the pickup coil,,,clean up any rust on coil or magnets and reinstall to .020' of airgap between them utilizing a true thickness business card thats .020"...New modern business cards are .010"

After you get it starting up relatively easy then its time to prop up the rear wheel and crack the throttle wide open to highspeed tune it then test ride to finetune and let it sit a couple hours for the epoxy on the lowspeed needle to set up............Good Luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the switch on the front hand brank just for starting using the electric start or does that affect the pull start also? If it does affect the pull start can I just splice the wires together? I had to replace the broken brake levers and used metal one from a bmx styule bicycle.

Travis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts