Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been trolling your forum for a week or so now. An you got a pretty cool little community here.

Ive always been interested in these mini bikes since I was a kid. (Im 22 now) An even if I could afford the Yamaha R1 I want. Id still want a mini bike!!

So I finally got my first one.. an man... I know its gonna be a project!! haha

So first of all can anyone give me any info on what kind it is? An any info you can give me about it so I know what to look for an what I need to get it moving again.

Thanks guys. Im looking forward to being around for a while. Pics below..

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/FortyDubz/SAM_0178_zps71c94c0d.jpg

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/FortyDubz/SAM_0179_zpsd82b6307.jpg

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/FortyDubz/SAM_0180_zps833e4c63.jpg

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a488/FortyDubz/SAM_0181_zps65342479.jpg

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
Welcome to the Forum...........The bike you have is the cags bigger brother the GP-RSR....It has a rear shock but the engines are the same as cags...I see someone added strengthening to the frame and the front brake caliper needs to be put on right to stop safely...........

Youre gonna want an engine like this...Its a Dax rep.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Awesome! Hey thanks guys. I really wasnt expecting to get all of that info back, especially pictures an stuff. So that pretty cool. I know I got a long ways to go with this bike because it was pretty much completely stripped. But hey.. you cant beat it for free right? haha.

I dont have anything other than what you see there. I was shopping around for parts but didnt know where to start. But Im glad I do now.

Could you guys possibly give me some suggestions on what route I should go as far as parts? Im not looking for high end as this is my first build but I still want reliable ya know?

I dont know what BBM is an if you could give me some more of your recommended sites. Id rather have you guys tell me what sites you suggest rather than just google it.

Other than that any other info or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks again guys! Love this site already!! haha

Oh yeaa an one last thing. Whats the fastest motor I can put in this thing? cc wise I guess..

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
(bigmotorsport.com) is a parts seller in canada, great prices and ships fast. you can start by getting a motor from them. I strongly recommend you get the high end 49cc CAG (139$ + tax and shipping) because it comes with a better carburator and a 5 port two piece head kit. alot of the mods you can do to this motor are Do it yourself, so that will be a good place for you to start... you're gonna need new chain, cables, fuel lines, fuel filter, a trip at the hardware store to buy alot of hardware and some locktite, an exhaust pipe, a tube of RTV Silicon Gasket Maker or Yamabond if you can get it.

Finally you will need a good selection of tools.

Im sure Im forgetting something but get all that stuff and it will be a great start.

·
PBP SENIOR M!LKER
2,445 Posts
I like to find a spare bike so I have a bunch of extra parts.. If you're lucky you can find one just like it on Craigs list for dirt cheap.. I've found whole bikes for 30 - 35 bucks.. pocketbikeparts.com has been pretty good to me.. Daves motor sports has some good stuff too...

·
Banned
21,742 Posts
(bigmotorsport.com) is a parts seller in canada, great prices and ships fast. you can start by getting a motor from them. I strongly recommend you get the high end 49cc CAG (139$ + tax and shipping) because it comes with a better carburator and a 5 port two piece head kit. alot of the mods you can do to this motor are Do it yourself, so that will be a good place for you to start... you're gonna need new chain, cables, fuel lines, fuel filter, a trip at the hardware store to buy alot of hardware and some locktite, an exhaust pipe, a tube of RTV Silicon Gasket Maker or Yamabond if you can get it.

Finally you will need a good selection of tools.

Im sure Im forgetting something but get all that stuff and it will be a great start.
I dont know when the last time youve been to the BMS website but theres been a rash of soaring sales and theres maybe one engine left.........everything else is basically sold out.........LOL

This is the only engine left for sale.....Its still pretty good but better if disassembled and blueprinted/deburred/polished......

http://www.bigmotorsport.com/products/Mini-Pocket-Bike-Engine-51CC-With-Upgraded-Carb.html

·
Git R Dun PBracer
766 Posts
Sorry i said BBM but i ment BMS. My bad. :)

You can get them off of ebay to.

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
haha thanks for the heads up CAM! I ordered some parts from them in the late summer last year and they still had quite a bit of inventory but I havent been working on my toys much since then... There is always Ebay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey guys! I just wanted to thank you for all of the replies and how detailed they were. I really appreciate it. Im gonna do some shopping around and some research with the info you all have given me.

Ill be back on with more questions when the time comes.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Theres ways to do alot of things..........If you use a piston ported engine w/e-start and get a wiring harness and throttle from an X1,,cateye or mini harley
Would I eventually be able to do that with this one? I dont plan on doing it right away, I just want to buy one I can eventually do that with.

http://www.bigmotorsport.com/product...aded-Carb.html

Sorry for the noob questions. But thank you for your patience!

·
Banned
21,742 Posts

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
Don't get in a big hurry, look around and you will find a good deal. hkmotos has abunch of different kits from $50 to $90.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.