Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,009 Posts
My friend used to run an alcohol dragster. However that was a 4 stroke. Anything that fuel will touch needs to to alcohol friendly. Now I am not sure exactly everything they make that is compatible. But at the very least, carb, fuel lines, filter, and maybe the tank. Your gaskets and seals may or may not be okay. I would probably try it with stock gaskets and seals first.
My buddy would also run gasoline through it after running because alcohol is highly corrosive. Even if it is just overnight.
Jetting will be completely different.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My friend used to run an alcohol dragster. However that was a 4 stroke. Anything that fuel will touch needs to to alcohol friendly. Now I am not sure exactly everything they make that is compatible. But at the very least, carb, fuel lines, filter, and maybe the tank. Your gaskets and seals may or may not be okay. I would probably try it with stock gaskets and seals first.
My buddy would also run gasoline through it after running because alcohol is highly corrosive. Even if it is just overnight.
Jetting will be completely different.
I read other posts and it seems others also run gasoline through it after.

Which is a complete turn off for me to be honest and in which case ill be buying the big bore carb with power box.. or do you think i could squeeze a 110cc into a x1 ?

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
Im buying this alcohol carb from pocket bikes unlimited Fast Pocket Bikes

and just eant to know what else I will need, different fuel lines, o rings etc.
It takes twice as much alcohol then regular gasoline that means massive amounts of porting.

After porting you need to get the entire thing ( all internal surfaces ) Teflon coated alcohol corrodes anything it touches.

You're going to need to come up with a lot more compression than what the stock engine can give that means a head chop and a custom-made head ( no one is manufacturing alcohol heads anymore )

Forget about PBU ( pocket bikes unlimited ) they are out of business...

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
I read other posts and it seems others also run gasoline through it after.

Which is a complete turn off for me to be honest and in which case ill be buying the big bore carb with power box.. or do you think i could squeeze a 110cc into a x1 ?
With a lot of welding and reinforcement and a complete front end replacement it will handle a 110cc 🙂

Why not just get a pit bike that can actually handle it???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It takes twice as much alcohol then regular gasoline that means massive amounts of porting.

After porting you need to get the entire thing ( all internal surfaces ) Teflon coated alcohol corrodes anything it touches.

You're going to need to come up with a lot more compression than what the stock engine can give that means a head chop and a custom-made head ( no one is manufacturing alcohol heads anymore )

Forget about PBU ( pocket bikes unlimited ) they are out of business...
I wish people would stop leaving their website just sitting there. Very annoying.

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
I wish people would stop leaving their website just sitting there. Very annoying.
I agree 👍 back in the day they used to do $1 a year promo web hosting and people would just pay for 30 years worth in advance...

·
Super Moderator
3,288 Posts
You can double the hp out of your x-1 motor with a good porting and hp parts. I'm more a fan of the cag though.
The CAG is mutch easier to run nitrous or alcohol simply because you can get pre-chopped cylinders and aftermarket heads then all you need is to have a custom dome made for alcohol ( ADA discontinued the alcohol dome years ago )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts