Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
You have a 4 stroke X bike, either Mid Bike or Super Pocket Bike. X bikes come in X1 thru X22. X1 and 2 are 49cc 2 stroke bikes, then at X7 some bikes had a 4 stroke Honda clone engine. Not sure what X bike you have, but looks like around X7. CAM2 will know more. I would go online to pocketbikeparts.com and look at the X bike photos too see if you can find a frame like yours. Also, find the cast numbers off the black engine cyld, it will tell you the engine size, CM3 49 is a 50cc engine, my 110cc X18 has CM3 107.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
Need help trying to indentify a pocket mini bike
A pic of the whole bike would be better...Alls them numbers tell me is its a Loncin 90cc-110cc bottomend...

One thing youre gonna learn about chinese made stuff is most stuff is ripped off and gleaned from japanese or other name brand motorcycles....The engine was ripped off from Honda....

The engine numbers have nothing to do with identifying the type of bike at all ...

Most bikes have rivet on plates near the neck and the X22 has the numbers under the seat hoop part of the frame etched-in...

Under zero circumstances does the vin identify engine type or any other options like trans type gear ratio,bike color etc..youre lucky if the year is scribed on the plate ...

Its a crude numbering system with no database..Midbikes and super pocketbikes can come with 50/70/90 and 110cc 4 stroke OHV engines plus can come in full auto,4 speed semi-auto and 4 speed manual aswell as come kickstart only or e-start only or a combo of kickstarter with e-starter.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, i'm new here and sorry to comment on such an old post, but i just bought a yellow pocket bike. I'm trying to ID it as well, it uses two chains to run and has a long narrow gas tank, it also has a three bolt seat.

·
Banned
21,744 Posts
hi, i'm new here and sorry to comment on such an old post, but i just bought a yellow pocket bike. I'm trying to ID it as well, it uses two chains to run and has a long narrow gas tank, it also has a three bolt seat.
Sounds like you have a FS509 Cateye...

Good Luck with it..

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
When you said 2 chains, Cateye came to mind. Has a 43cc or 49cc piston port 2 stroke engine. Does it run??
put a little 2 stroke gas down the carb and pull the rope starter, if it still has one, you should have electric start too.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
You have a 4 stroke X bike, either Mid Bike or Super Pocket Bike. X bikes come in X1 thru X22. X1 and 2 are 49cc 2 stroke bikes, then at X7 some bikes had a 4 stroke Honda clone engine. Not sure what X bike you have, but looks like around X7. CAM2 will know more. I would go online to pocketbikeparts.com and look at the X bike photos too see if you can find a frame like yours. Also, find the cast numbers off the black engine cyld, it will tell you the engine size, CM3 49 is a 50cc engine, my 110cc X18 has CM3 107.
Hey i just got a 110cc X18 but have no clue what make or year it is, where would the vin number be?? This is on the engine

I'm trying to figure out how to register it legally since I don't have a title or any info on it.
20200716_171305.jpg

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Don't think its going to happen, especially where I live in California. Lights not bright enough, blinkers to close, seat to low, tires are not legal and on and on. Someone here before reg an X18 as a scooter in Penn.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
All them numbers are useless here, they sometimes have a year and the type of bike. One side of my Family is from Reading, Penn. There is a Super Bike Section here for the larger X18s etc, You might try eBay X18 super pocket bike parts, and see what shows up.
X18R Nitro2.JPG
X18R Nitro2.JPG
X18R Nitro1.JPG

·
Registered
11 Posts
All them numbers are useless here, they sometimes have a year and the type of bike. One side of my Family is from Reading, Penn. There is a Super Bike Section here for the larger X18s etc, You might try eBay X18 super pocket bike parts, and see what shows up. View attachment 156529 View attachment 156529 View attachment 156530
All them numbers are useless here, they sometimes have a year and the type of bike. One side of my Family is from Reading, Penn. There is a Super Bike Section here for the larger X18s etc, You might try eBay X18 super pocket bike parts, and see what shows up. View attachment 156529 View attachment 156529 View attachment 156530
Mine looks like this but red. Have you seen this vermont registering loophole it looks legit from what I read about it. To get a title and all that
Screenshot_20200702-172004_Facebook.jpg

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
That bike is in great condition, looks like someone re-painted it red. I bought mine new, it has a pink slip, but California will not reg it, no surprise, lol. If you do it in another state, you only have a short time before you have to Reg in your state.
Not having papers is not good. Did you get a bill of sale?? If you can I would called a sports scooter when you try to get Reg, I have a 150cc scooter from China reg. here in CA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah the only problem is I don't no where the VIN is on the bike, does yours have a VIN? If so where is it located

I need the vin to get a new title

1 - 20 of 35 Posts