Pocketbike Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Them numbers stamped in to the engine or frame are the same ones on the pink slip that came with the bike. Not even sure where my pink is. The HS152FMH is the bike type and engine, the * 05071644* is the frame, 0r different numbers on your frame and everyone that made these bike all had there own numbers, lol. DMV won't have a record of it, unless it been Reg before.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Can't hurt to try. Tell them the pink slip was lost before you could try to Reg. it. Before they do in Calif, you have to take the bike, not ride it to the DMV and they will inspect it. Tel them its a 2019.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Why 2019?

And yeah another thing is that HS152FMH05071644 is only 16 characters and Vin numbers are 17 or more so ill have to get one assigned to start any process

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
I would use it just like you posted here. It's not a car Vin, which are very long. Fill it out the best you can and see what they say,

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
i believe you have an X1 mid bike, or early X2. Mine is an X18, 110cc 4 stroke 4 speed manual trans. You don't need a bunch of wiring, the engine runs on its own like a chainsaw, all you need is a kill button to short the coil and a pull start. All the lights are illegal anyway. my X18 only has a rear brake light. Take the air cleaner off, open the throttle, put a little gas down the carb and pull start it, if it pops or starts for a second is a good sign. if not, check for a spark at the plug.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Looks like its a 49cc piston port engine, its the same engine as in my scooter.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
Help identifying this mess...
Looks like a X18 parts are getting really scarce for those bikes... Make sure you hang on to the wiring for the CDI (capacitor discharge ignition) box and coil you have to have those parts to make it run.

The plastic parts are actually more valuable than the bike itself anything that you can salvage and fix is going to be to your benefit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! X18 is what I was thinking also.
speaking of parts and plastic, what are some good places to start looking. Any place to get a manual or something that would show a list of parts that I would need for this?

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
Unfortunately those bikes aren't like Japanese branded bikes there's no manual and no computer screen to look at to be able to order parts. Those bikes have been in and out of production many times every batch being a little bit different ( X18 to x24 ) the Chinese build them to order 400 to 1000 units is usually around the minimum.

Most of the frame parts will interchange but if you have an engine problem or clutch problem all those parts are slightly different or have been revised between the different years of engines this late in the game engine problems basically mean engine replacement with a pit bike engine of your choice.

As far as the ignition system is concerned that's basically a universal pit bike CDI ignition system that includes the hall sensor CDI box and coil and all of its wiring.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks man! The engine looks to be in good condition thankfully, once I get a battery we will see what it really brings. Seems to be that all the main frame parts are there with the only rust is on the pipe!

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
You can just use a regular car battery and some jumper cables to test it out with before buying a battery then finding out it's going to take a while to fix something

21 - 35 of 35 Posts