Pocketbike Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to know what type of bike this is and what size engine it has sorry I don't have a whole bunch of pictures
Helmet Art Composite material Personal protective equipment Gas

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Wheel Automotive lighting Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
It's a X1 be careful with the plastics parts are no longer available

·
Registered
What's your poison? Mine is 40:1
1,182 Posts
49cc piston port engine. Otherwise as Mr kitty stated, an X1. Which has hard to find parts now. Engine, plenty of parts available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well thanks you guys. I got it for $60. It had been sitting in a storage for years the pull start is missing but the electric start I'm having a problem with it just ticking. I went to use a drill to try and get it to turn over and I snapped the bolt or pin for the pool start. So I'm guessing I have to take off the electric start to get to it if I can get the electric start to work it should turn over any advice would be helpful thanks again

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
You broke off the shank bolt these engines can not be drill started off the stock setup it will snap off every time.

The electric starter is junk it burns up the first time the carburetor clogs up and someone really lays on the button or trys to jump it off a car.

Then they pull on the pull starter until it breaks and then it's done.

You will need to try to get it apart and see if the shank bolt broke off inside of the crankshaft if you can get the shank bolt out then go ahead and order a new one gut out the electric starter and replace the pull starter with a new one as well as the carburetor and it will run again no problems 👍

If the shank bolt broke off inside the crankshaft you will need to tear down the engine...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thank you. I can see the end of the bolt sticking out alittle bit. I will upload pics. I try the electric start and it just turns a couple times and stops. I guess I will try to take the starter out just having a hard time pulling it off I don't want to break anything after I undo the bolts I can pull it out like 3/8 of an inch then I just sticks there. Is it just the magnets holding it in at that point?much appreciated your guys input.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
The starter sits in a tapered shaft with a woodruff key I made a puller to get those apart I put some tension on it and then give it a whack with a hammer and they pop off every time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.