Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still debating selling this bike but for now, I am going to play around with it.

I have alot of fairing parts to repair and would like pointers or how to's to repairing them.

I also wanna know what I can do to my exhaust. It's cracked and leaks oil all over my rear tire fairing.

I also have a plan for my rear fairing for a tail light but would love feedback for it.

My mcguyver brake handle fix

CVT Tranny

Wire cluster I'm working on. Anything out of place?

The motor

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Exhaust issues.

From the exhaust manifold

part 2

Cracked section

Pic of crack

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fairings to be repaired

Front fairing has crack in windshield

Big crack on right fairing

Missing bolt hole on left fairing

Broken plastic on left/right fairing mount

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pull starter marks on left fairing

Hefty bump/ crack on rear fairing

From inside of rear fairing

Oil all over rear wheel fairing

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are going to love this. This is what I wanna do to the rear.

What it currently looks like

Now, I want to leave the current signals where they are, the blue circles will be 2 small red glo-pods for the actual tail lights, wired in with the headlight so they both come on at the same time, and the green circle will be 2 or 3 short LED strips for my brake light. It will be wired to a tiny button that I'm going to put into the actual brake handle so when you pull the brake, it will hit the switch. Feedback guys?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, do you know if fairings are interchangable? If it's the same frame for the X1, X2, X7, X8 that would be great. I would love an X8 fairing kit with an X7 front and tail. I also want to paint my own fairings but have no idea how to. I know you sand down the plastic until its completely not shiny, then I dont know the next step, but it ends in a clear coat. lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got a barter offer for a Taylor 110 guitar. ****... Someone might be picking up guitar for a bit.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not all the fairings fit without modification BUT, you should be able to mod any of them to fit. Cam2 will know more info on that! He was helping me figure out an X7 fairing fit on an X1 frame but I ended up abandoning the project because fairings are expensive.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No kidding. Only fairings I found were like 75 bucks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I have an issue. I have gone through all of the wiring, and have replaced the solenoid but I still cant get the bike to start. It wont even turn over with the pull starter now. I have taken a picture of the spark plug and hope this is the issue. You tell me.

·
PSN: xR3Y-_-BeAsTx
183 Posts
You guys are going to love this. This is what I wanna do to the rear.

What it currently looks like

Now, I want to leave the current signals where they are, the blue circles will be 2 small red glo-pods for the actual tail lights, wired in with the headlight so they both come on at the same time, and the green circle will be 2 or 3 short LED strips for my brake light. It will be wired to a tiny button that I'm going to put into the actual brake handle so when you pull the brake, it will hit the switch. Feedback guys?
I really like that idea alot. I'm thinking about doing the something similiar but yesterday I was fortunate to get my brothers x2's taillight from him and it works on my bike. I'll show u a pic of it when i get home from work.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am picking up my X7 today for 100 bucks and a mountain bike. Just wait till you see it.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Ok, I have an issue. I have gone through all of the wiring, and have replaced the solenoid but I still cant get the bike to start. It wont even turn over with the pull starter now. I have taken a picture of the spark plug and hope this is the issue. You tell me.

By turn over, do you mean, it's really noticeably harder to turn the engine over by hand, or it just wont start to turn over by itself?

an engine should be really easy to turn over, until the piston gets close to TDC (Top Dead Center) at which point you should feel the compression of the engine, and hear a sort of Woosh, then it gets easy again for the down stroke etc...

from the angle posted, it looks like it could be "Fouled" because of a bit too much oil?

Engines that "Bind" usually need, new bearings, or to have the flywheel / coil gap adjusted, or to have the clutch checked, or possibly piston / ring / cylinder damage.

That plug looks to be the right model, but can we see the inside of the tip? where it sparks, there should be an area there that starts out nice and white, and that is what we read to tell how the engine is doing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It doesnt turn over at all. I am done spending all my cash troubleshooting it and am ready to just but a new one that actually runs...

·
Registered
46 Posts
They've motivated me to keep pushing so you've got to do the same! At least you know what you're doing... Lol!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol how is your X6 holding up? Were you the one who bought it?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The kid dissappeared on me. Haven't heard from him. Guess I'll have to find another one.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts