Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am new to the forum but have picked up loads of useful information already, so thanks for that.

I have recently picked up bike with an engine model number 1E44FF-2AD. Reading on the forum it seems that this engine is or has been made by loads of different manufacturers; Mitsubishi HI (modelled as the TLE range), Fuji-Robin, Robin-Subaru and a chinese manufacturer as well.

The model I have is approximately 50cc and although it seems to be in good condition I can get no spark from the coil. As far as I can work out the coil seems to be a completely self-contained unit and has just two wires to be connected. One wire is clearly the High Tension side and goes to the spark plug, but there is a low tension wire as well. Where should this low tension wire be connected?

My guess is that this low tension wire should just be earthed, with a switch to act as an engine cut-out. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

The coil I have is exactly as the one here as sold by Monster Scooter Parts...

Any help will be gratefully received.
Thanks.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
The red & black wire are for grounding the coil. The red one goes to your kill switch, the black goes to the frame. They both ground the coil. When you hit the switch it goes thru the black wire to ground.
The coils can just go Bad, even new ones.

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
Basicly its a chainsaw carb. A 15mm Walbro WYK copy carb., have to prime it with the rubber bulb. It has a gas pump diaphram inside, if that fails the engine gets no gas. Repair kit is like $9, new carb $15 on ebay, I have a few of them carbs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Y does y plug only spark if it's touching metal, am I grounding it wrong, should the blk wire go to the key switch

·
Banned
24,164 Posts
The small black wire off a cag coil is the kill/ground wire, goes to a key and or kill switch. On 4 strokes the flat blade clip wire on the coil is the hot lead.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts