Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Your going to fit that motor on a cag? I doubt that's gonna happen but this I gotta see. BTW, just curious, what's up with the vise grip by your peg?

·
Registered
82 Posts
is that a YZ 125?

I was looking at my YSR 50 engine and thinking about putting that in mine..lol, thats as far as I got though. I want a YZ80 for the YSR so I could do without the engine

·
Registered
59 Posts
KOS said:
is that a YZ 125?

I was looking at my YSR 50 engine and thinking about putting that in mine..lol, thats as far as I got though. I want a YZ80 for the YSR so I could do without the engine
The ysr 50 motors are like turds on the track. I would like to see one in a pocketbike, it would be interesting. A stock production motor will whoop up on most ysr50's on the track.

Soap

·
Registered
76 Posts
Todesengel said:
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. Thats a 650cc motor. = 0 )
I may have you beat (hp wise, not displacement)

I have a built 1995 CR500 motor. I bought another cag, and cut it in half. I have the front part bolted to the motor, but the rear half is gonna take some work. The motor is good for about 100 hp at the crank, and my cag will be smoking full size bikes.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm with you on this one. Give me my welder, some material, and few days and it would happen. Fairings might not wrap that old 650 fourstroke though, and your legs with have their very own oven!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey Soap
you think so? I am not sure I agree with you on that one, although the ysr engines are not the greatest with just a pipe alone they pick up alot of response. Even without a pipe you can wind it out a lot more. Then again I have been off my bike for a few years...lol, longest teardown and rebuild in history!

B20BTEC said:
The ysr 50 motors are like turds on the track. I would like to see one in a pocketbike, it would be interesting. A stock production motor will whoop up on most ysr50's on the track.

Soap

·
Registered
21 Posts
Our very own Soap was passing YSR's in the ROC race in Katy, TX. I missed it, but we got to see some pics and he was doing just fine. I would trust his judgement on this one since he has raced pb's against YSR's.

·
Registered
82 Posts
wow! was it really a speed difference of just Soap being a better racer?

zx7r_gtr said:
Our very own Soap was passing YSR's in the ROC race in Katy, TX. I missed it, but we got to see some pics and he was doing just fine. I would trust his judgement on this one since he has raced pb's against YSR's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Soap will have to tell you that, I have heard from my friends that road with him he is a good racer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts