Pocketbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all you Electric pocket bike owners! My name is Nick, I was the Admin of PBP until just a little bit ago (I stepped down as admin, due to a lack of "Free" time)

anyway, I make stuff, in 3D and in real life, I am in the process of creating some really cool automotive and diesel electrical training material in full blown 3D completely designed (Engineered) and written by ME!

I am looking for up to 50 Beta testers to view the series of videos / text as it is being created, and in return I would love to get some good honest feedback on if it works, or if it does not make sense, or if you think the text should be different etc...

Anyone wanting to try it out (100% free) and willing to *NOT* share the private youtube links is both Wanted and Welcome to join up!

The first 50 people to reply or PM me get the links, everyone Else will get to see some "Samples" until the product is ready, then ALL PBP members will be granted access. :thumbsup::):thumbsup:

Nicholas.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a sooper dooper "Pre-Production" Sample! I'll probably hide some cool users avatars in the background like I did with CAM2's !!

hurry up and join before all 50 slots are gone! I'm adding links to join on my own site too so "You better Hurry" ;)

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, Even though I did add this to the electric pocket bike section, I wan't to make sure I am clear on the fact that you do not need to own an electric pocket bike to join, you just need to "Want" to learn about Automotive / Diesel / Motorcycle Electrical fundamentals and troubleshooting techniques.

And have to TRY and not post the private links anywhere I might see them! PLEASE! It's easy to "Rip" stuff before the watermark has been added.

More to come soon, another sample Video is "Rendering" right now.

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some New and exciting news!

Two brands have already given me the Go Ahead, so who wants to know these small ehheeh names of the dudez that think it's a good idea to teach kids (and adults) about automotive, diesel, marine, and motorcycle electrical?

hmmmm.....

Well the battery is going to be a "Yellow Top" made by Optima (AGM) and in my opinion is the best single battery on the market, it is well known, has AMAZING support, is technologically advanced, and is not a Gel Cell! hahah.

Yes I did just Say I personally have Optima's (Johnson Controls) permission to use Yellow tops in the videos.

Well that takes care of one of the groups of really COOL dudez! now lets think about somebody else super cool, uses yellow as the brands color, and is somewhat known for making the best electrical meters in the business
( automotive and diesel for sure!!! )

Fluke! that's right all you silly pantz dudes, I also have permission to use "Branded" Fluke electrical meters in the videos, I Am privileged enough to email my Contact there Chris every "Now And Then"

So, it looks like this little project just got a little bit more interesting.

here is a new sample clip, it's just a little larger, and a full 360 view of the (now in need of some re-shaping) battery (Optima YellowTop) :):thumbsup:

Join up, because once the 50 spots are all gone, it could be up to 1 year before the series is "Released" to the "Public" :)

ps

down to 48 spots already! woo hoo!!!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since Optima was nice enough to show interest, here is a look at what is really going on!

Anyone who joins is in for a treat, everyone else will have to wait, but in the end, anyone who really want's to learn will be "allowed' to join in on the fun!

[really nice picture attached] <--- wait till you see the new version! hahaha.

Join up quick guys, before I tell the rest of the forum too, I want at least a few people who already know a little bit about electrical, but will soon open up the gates to everyone!

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Some info on me, and why I "sort of" know a little bit about automotive / diesel Electronics....... :D:thumbsup:

Straight A's in both automotive and diesel electrical, except for when I GOT TOTALLY SCREWED by a BROKEN!!! A-Tech pos, training board! marcelo:thumbsup:

This Test was around a year ago, from "Heavy Duty" electrical, it was right before mid-terms, it was in class, and I was done in around 20 minutes, with the highest score in the class, the other dudez took 45-70 minutes to score less!!!

I've done a LITTLE bit of electrical. heh.

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Even more GOOD news I "forgot" to mention. take a look at the attached picture, Yes I did Email "Them" and yes it is ok to have some batteries lined up in the "Videos" to demonstrate electrical circuits and configurations, and yes, those are in 3D and indeed Fake!

AND NO! Proctor Gamble is not involved, so do not watch the vids just because you hate that Energizer Bunny! :D

I'm also Emailing The DuDez that make the tools in the 3rd picture, EPR likes them! so they must be Cool :cool:

as always, [picture's attached]

Attachments

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is one of the Fluke Meters We made for the Videos, It will be animated, to display readings, and show where the leads would be plugged in to the meter, and where on the circuit the other end of the leads would go for each test.

The other meters will be the AmpClamp 337 (for current draw) and the 233/a Wireless Multi-Meter.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Dont have an electric bike but I'm down. :)

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you iFerret, You are in!

Down to 41 spots now!

Once we get half way to the big number (Fingers crossed) I will really start "amping things up" I'm still building all the 3D assets, but once I get a good number of them done I will be able to spend more time "Rendering" and less time Drawing!

Thanks again Ferret! You Rock!

·
But who prays for Satan?
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks BatVamp (The coolest Vampire Bat I've ever met) I've added you to the list of "Super cool people who help me" Thanks again!

Nicky. ;) :thumbsup:

ps

Wooooo Hoooo, 10 spots down! 40 (hopefully) to go!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts