Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 cags, i thought i was getting pretty good at working on them but now i am so lost... on on of them i took off the carb and when i put it back together the throttle is stuck and it just soars and dies... the other bike i installed a 15.5mm carb with air filter that barly fits... and a new HP exhaust pipe well i got everything connected right or at least i think its right.. i got the thing started but once you let off the gas it dies and then i got it started back up and it died again and then when i went to pull the pull start locked up... i took off the pull start and the fly wheel is moving but barely moving... i have a new hp lightweight flywheel that i want to put on but i have no idea how to take off the fly wheel... i know this is alot but i put a lot on my plate if any one could help me that would be great and if anyone knows how to help me or any one that is near fayetteville north carolina that has a shop that i could go to or who wants to get paid to help me that would be great :)

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
sounds like a stuck float in the bowl on the stock carb. tap on it lightly with a wrench. if that fails then take the bowl off and check if anything is caught inbetween the float and the bowl. second one sounds like the idle needs to be tuned.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok ill try that with the first one and can you explain how to tune the idol? and do you know to take off the flywheel? thanks for all the help just really new and wanting to learn more :)

·
French Fries N Cheese
1,174 Posts
to remove the flywheel you will most likely need a puller. but it can also be done without one if you are carefull. Seize it up by putting rags between the flywheel and crank case, use some wd40 to lubricate and pry gently with two flatheads. Be very carefull not to warp the crank case. if it stays jammed, put the center bolt back in finger tight, give it a few light taps with a small rubber or lead mallet, then try to pry again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Undo the main bolt 12mm hex in the middle of the flywheel. Take it off. Youll notice that theres 2 other holes with thread on the flywheel. You need a bolt that fits that thread and is long enough. Slowly start turning it in the hole (either of the other 2 is fine, NOT THE MAIN CENTRE HOLE! Keep turning slowly with a socket and ratchet and it will finally hit past the flywheel and to the back of the crankcase. I locate the little lugs behind the flywheel with a torch and make the bolt hit those. Keep turning and the flywheel will pop off. Easiest way without a puller and takes 5 minutes..

The idle screw is on the left hand side of carb/bike. Its a little screw with a spring in it facing on an angle toward 7 oclock i guess.

·
Banned
24,145 Posts
The clutch and flywheel are on a tapered shaft, in which it locks on. On the keyless clutches they glue them on. There should be 2 dimples about 1" fron the center bolt, if there are no tapped holes you can drill and tap for a M5 x 0.8mm or M6 x 1.0mm thread and use 2 bolts thru & against the case rib to pry it off. On the clutch if you have problems, take the springs and arms off and use the threaded holes and bolts to pry it off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.