Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know how i can get more low end with my set up. I have the triple tapered needle set at the 2nd to the bottom, adjustable jet and a .3mm reed valve. I would like to get more bottom end with what I have so far. How can I adjust the needle and adjustable jet with just the items with minimal or no loss of top end.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can't have both. If you want better low end then your top end will slow down a bit. The best thing to do is gearing. I like 6/60 gearing. with that setup you'll need a shorter chain. You can try putting in a reed block spacer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dai D168 said:
You can't have both. If you want better low end then your top end will slow down a bit. The best thing to do is gearing. I like 6/60 gearing. with that setup you'll need a shorter chain. You can try putting in a reed block spacer.
Wouldn't the 60 tooth gear give me even more top end...i'm trying to get more bottom end

·
Registered
557 Posts
yea the lower u go in the back the more top speed. The higher u go in the front the more top speed. and for accel vise versa.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No cags come stock with a reed block.

You clean out the carb by removing the float bowl and cleaning out the bowl and the main jet.

Weight savings? By some of the big guys riding these bikes, I think slimfast is the most performnce improving mod :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CrisVA said:

You clean out the carb by removing the float bowl and cleaning out the bowl and the main jet.

Weight savings? By some of the big guys riding these bikes, I think slimfast is the most performnce improving mod :D
SUX2BU said:
You can lose weight. that is the best low end improving mod. BAR NONE!
I already did this haha i guess need to lose some more weight

·
Registered
255 Posts
gokoolbiker said:
I wanted to know how i can get more low end with my set up. I have the triple tapered needle set at the 2nd to the bottom, adjustable jet and a .3mm reed valve. I would like to get more bottom end with what I have so far. How can I adjust the needle and adjustable jet with just the items with minimal or no loss of top end.
Just wondering...why wasnt a walbro or dell orto carb chosen for your setup.Just curious to what people have experienced with the adjustable jet/3x tapered needle set rather than getting a carb with a high and low setting.About top end...like what the other riders have said,play with your gearing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Cags sure do come with a reed block... thats what the reeds are screwed down to!! They don't come with a reed spacer...

CrisVA said:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
vtecds1 said:
Just wondering...why wasnt a walbro or dell orto carb chosen for your setup.Just curious to what people have experienced with the adjustable jet/3x tapered needle set rather than getting a carb with a high and low setting.About top end...like what the other riders have said,play with your gearing.
why wasn't a walbro or dell orto carb chosen? Money. i really don't want to spend money on this bike. This bike is just used to run around in with my friends. Plus with all the maintenance these bikes needs, I really dont' want to spend at least 60 bucks on a carb just to work on it some more. I spent 20 bucks and i'm happy with the performance, just wanted to get a little bit more out of it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
FallingHurts said:
Cags sure do come with a reed block... thats what the reeds are screwed down to!! They don't come with a reed spacer...
Allow me to correct myself then, no cags come stock with a reed SPACER :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts