Pocketbike Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
nolan b said:
i was wonering wich bike is faster stock the 380X Inferno or the X2
um inferno is based off the cats eye which means it handles like junk, but i do think it is faster
What is that suppose to mean?.......The only thing the 380/r49 what ever you call it.....has in common with the original cateyes bike is the the cateye looking front head lights.

And I doubt it is faster than any bike already on the market......It uses the same engine as before and it looks to be a heavier....more well built bike.....So if weight is a factor.....then I would say it will be abit slower in its stock form.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Backwoodz said:
What is that suppose to mean?.......The only thing the 380/r49 what ever you call it.....has in common with the original cateyes bike is the the cateye looking front head lights.

And I doubt it is faster than any bike already on the market......It uses the same engine as before and it looks to be a heavier....more well built bike.....So if weight is a factor.....then I would say it will be abit slower in its stock form.
i agree it looks slower from the way its built but i dont have one so what do i know

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have both bikes. last night my son and i raced down the 1/4 mile at srp.i out weigh him by about 80lbs and when i rode the x2 (pacsales pipe) i beat him by about a car. when he rode the x2 he beat me by almost an 1/8 mile. the inferno isn't heavier, but the german cvt donesn't act anything like the cvt in the x2.
matt

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
the inferno frame and x1 frame look VERY similar in almost every aspect. the inferno frame has a few sections of the frame a bit thicker, and some added support. that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don't know why they did it, but what I don't like about the bike is that the put the motor in backwards. This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. By doing this, they had to make the exhaust pipr longer and wrap around the head in font, and now you don't have direct cool air flowing straight to the air filter since it is behind the motor. Anyone else think this is lame as I do? lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
Rockabilly Willie said:
I don't know why they did it, but what I don't like about the bike is that the put the motor in backwards. This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. By doing this, they had to make the exhaust pipr longer and wrap around the head in font, and now you don't have direct cool air flowing straight to the air filter since it is behind the motor. Anyone else think this is lame as I do? lol
Yea thats pretty retarded...would it be possible to switch it around with some work?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Rockabilliewillie said:
I don't know why they did it, but what I don't like about the bike is that the put the motor in backwards.
'cause they don't want you to race it. if you do it'll overheat and you lose:D

·
Registered
841 Posts
My Bro has both. At first he didn't like the handling of the 380x because of the even rake. So he did some ride height adjustments, relocated the pegs for rider position. Now he is totally happy with the Infineon. He now chooses the Infineon over the X2 because the tires hook up so much better than the X2 = confidence when cornering.

He likes the X2, but it has it's flaws as you all know. He plans to race both bikes and hopes for a better compound tire for the X2. Soon, the X2 will be sporting a Proline built motor.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Rockabilly Willie said:
I think with the motor in this position you will get a much better tuned pipe for these engines.
Why else would all present day dirt bikes use this?.......because the pipes wrapping around from the front are much more effeciently tuned than a straight out the back pipe.
Also if you look at the italian bikes they also use this same design....for the same reason.

The only thing I am worried about is the fact that these things with a tranny and gear box are going to have a lot of work keeping up with the rear wheel since there is no freewheel hub inplace.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Doesnt that also mean that the air intake is on the hot side of the bike? Cant be a good thing. The cooler air is the more dense it is. The more dense the air is the more volume per stoke, hence an increase in compression. One of the most important principles in NOS right? Am I thinking too much......? LOL

·
Registered
122 Posts
no, Good point.
cags work out the same way with the air filter on the side of the motor thats faces the rear wheel. Not too sure about euros tho...

·
Registered
285 Posts
you will find that all "real"motorcycles have the carb (or carb's) in the rear.
from dirt bikes to crotch rockets im sure the engineers in Japan know what they are doing.:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts